Website William Campbell College
About William Campbell College, NSW
William Campbell College is currently being redeveloped to open in 2023, after running successfully from 2010 – 2014 as a purpose-built, Christian Special Assistance School, providing holistic approach towards the needs of children and young people including education, health, welfare, social, cultural, emotional and spiritual.
William Campbell College is a unique school experience, incorporating agriculture, permaculture and horticulture into everyday learning, and is available for children and young people who are unable to attend mainstream schooling. There are many reasons children or young people are unable to attend mainstream schooling including severe behaviour problems, lack of literacy, numeracy skills and intellectual mental health issues that may have emanated from the abuse and neglect suffered in their young lives.
The uniqueness of the school allows for teachers and staff to work in a cohesive manner with staff from William Campbell Foundation, which is our connected not for profit Out of Home Care Service, providing permanency support programs and therapeutic services to children and young people. This allows a greater understanding of the children’s trauma and individual needs.
At William Campbell College, we take pride in our respectful and diverse workplace culture, which supports and creates opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for the benefit of children, young people, individuals and families. We value the unique skills, experience and knowledge that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people contribute to the workplace, and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for roles within our organisation.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All applicants who meet the criteria will receive equal consideration for employment.
About the Role
We are currently taking applications for the position of Curriculum and Policy Developer for William Campbell College. The successful applicant would be passionate about the specific needs of our students and excited about joining our team in the foundational work developing our school.
This position is part time (3 days per week) on a 12 month contract.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Write and review high-quality, age-appropriate curriculum materials and documentation, being conversant with the K- 6 Australian Curriculum in all key learning areas, ensuring curriculum meets the requirements of the NSW Education Standards Authority.
- Ensure all curriculum content and policies incorporate and support William Campbell College’s Christian values.
- Include agriculture, permaculture, aquaculture, music, arts & crafts in all curriculum, to meet the holistic needs of children and young people enrolled at William Campbell College.
- Development and review of Policy and Procedure to support the needs of the College, ensuring all policies meet the requirements of the NSW Education Standards Authority
- Planning and development of resources in preparation for the opening of the school, including appropriate syllabus resources.
If this sounds like the position for you, please go to our website to download the application package www.wcfoundation.org.au/currentopportunities
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com by 3rd May, 2021
If you have any questions, please contact 1300 000 923 and ask for Donna Jones (WCF Director) or Sonia Liddicoat (WCF CEO)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.