Website Waverley Christian College
Waverley Christian College (VIC) is a Christian co-educational school from Kinder to Year 12. We have been providing students with a quality Christian educational experience for over 40 years. With campuses in Wantirna South and Narre Warren South, Waverley Christian College will have an enrolment of over 2000 students across both campuses in 2022.
The Colleges is seeking a Full Time Director of Learning Innovation and Technologies (DLIT) to commence at the start of Term 1, 2022.
The DLIT will play an integral role in the development of quality teaching and learning at the school and is seen as one of the key people bridging technology with effective teaching practice, improving the learning environment through strategic planning, implementation, and review.
The DLIT will have a contemporary understanding of current and emerging innovation and technology in education, and will act as a role model to inspire, educate and support teaching staff in the integration of effective learning approaches in the classroom and together with the key relationships, provide significant support to the complex needs of the varied integrated technologies that support the education operations across the school.
The successful applicant must have:
· An Advanced Degree in Education
· Formal qualifications in Information Technology (or demonstrate a commensurate level of understanding and skill)
· An understanding of an educational environment
· A coherent philosophy for eLearning in a K-12 school
· A deep understanding of the Victorian Digital Technologies Curriculum, Ethical and Critical and Creative Thinking Capabilities, STEAM and Design and Technologies
· A shared collective vision for use of learning technologies in the differentiated classroom
· A commitment to the values and ethos of Christian education
· A willingness to get involved in all aspects of the College’s programs and opportunities
· A high level communication and interpersonal skills
Some of the benefits of working at Waverley Christian College include:
· Salaries commensurate with the Victorian Government Schools Agreement
· A range of salary packaging options
· Flexible work opportunities
· Career and leadership professional development opportunities
· Employee Assistance Program
· Friendly and collegial community to work with
A commitment to the values and ethos of Christian education is essential. VIT Registration is mandatory. A Position Description is available on the College website www.wcc.vic.edu.au.
In alignment with Government regulations, it is a requirement that all staff members are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have a valid medical exemption. Proof of vaccination status or an original certified copy of a valid medical exemption will be required as part of the employment process.
Applicants are to include a Resume, Letter of Application, Pastoral Reference and completed online “Employment Application Form – Teaching Staff”. Your application is to be submitted via the College website – www.wcc.vic.edu.au under the Employment Tab. Applicants will need to provide three references.
Applications close: Friday, 21st January 2022
Enquiries: (03) 9871 8600
Quoting job number: 202204
Waverley Christian College is committed to protecting the interests and safety of our students. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. All staff are responsible for the safety, care and wellbeing of children.
Please apply via the job advertisement on our College website.
To apply for this job please visit external-jobboard.myrecruitmentplus.com.