Website Victory College
Victory College (QLD) is a growing Christian co-educational College of 745 students from Kindy to Year 12. The College is located in the beautiful town of Gympie in Queensland. We are dedicated to providing an excellent Christian based education and equipping students to lead lives inspired by their Christian faith.
At Victory College, we focus on teaching and learning as the most important aspect of our College’s operation. The College values honour, excellence and service and strive to provide engaging and relevant learning experiences for our students.
Victory College invites applications for the position of a full-time Secondary Mathematics and Science teacher to join its team of teaching professionals.
Applicants should demonstrate a strong dedication to a classical curriculum pedagogical approach and a Christian worldview. Applicants should further demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain positive and caring relationships with students and a willingness to contribute to the overall mission of the College, including co-curricular duties. A high degree of professionalism and ownership over one’s own professional development are traits that Victory College is looking for in all staff members.
The position of Secondary Teacher key objectives include:
- Equipping every student to live a purposeful life;
- To develop unit plans that reflect a quality interpretation of the syllabus and develop a creative, engaging and practical curriculum that aligns with statutory regulations and College expectations;
- Use restorative practices to develop students academically, pastorally, culturally, spiritually and socially.
At Victory College, we aim to be a creative, courageous, Christian community that strives for academic excellence. Our Teaching frameworks key pillars; Student Focused Learning, Future Focused Learning, Aspirational Learning, and Community Engagement, reflect the focus on developing young lives to lead a purposeful life.
- Student Focused learning
- Plan and prepare a quality curriculum that engages and motivates the learning and the learner while meeting the requirements of the syllabus, creating purposeful, personal, authentic learning;
- Future Focused learning
- Use evidenced-based data to plan, adjust and develop assessment and a pedagogical instructional approach that assist students in understanding and mastering the learning from the surface to deep learning through the skilful selection and use of relevant and creative resources and pedagogical practices that meet the students learning goals;
- Aspirational Learning
- Create a culture of learning through rigorous units that support high levels of engagement and achievement where learning is developed through relevance, positive relationships, high levels of expectations, respect and rapport, and classroom procedures and design, and the essential classroom management skills that encourage life-long learners;
- Community engagement
- Engage in co-curricular activities and community engagements, support and encourage students participation in College activities and cultural building community programs, keep regular communications to parents and caregivers regarding the learning and programs including but not limited to the progress and development of students’ overall well-being; academically, socially, culturally and spiritually.
- Embracing the values and Christian ethos of Victory College, upholding the values of honour, excellence, faith, understanding, and service, treating all, with respect and dignity, professional with all dealings, using respectful and timely communication, accurate record-keeping, reporting, and consistency in working collegially and collaborative to achieve stated and reflective goals.
The Role reports to the Head of Secondary through the Director of Teaching and Learning and appropriate subject heads.
- Current Queensland College of Teacher Registration
- Teaching Degree
- Pastoral Reference
- Passion for subject areas
- Desire to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Applicants are to attach a cover letter, resume, and written pastoral reference from the church they currently attend during the application process.
Position commences: Term 3, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.