The Scots College, NSW
Do you have a passion for education and a love of the outdoors?
Want to inspire and mentor Year 9 boys as they pursue an exciting residential quest at The Scots College?
Our Glengarry campus, is an extended stay outdoor education campus located in the pristine Kangaroo Valley, two hours south of Sydney.
The program is an expansive experience that accelerates boys’ social development and it is renowned as a rite of passage into manhood.
The Scots College is seeking an enthusiastic and professional Outdoor Education Instructor to join our dynamic team at Glengarry.
There is a full-time and part-time position available with immediate commencement.
This exciting role opens up opportunities for career development and life experience. Not only do our Instructors lead exceptional outdoor activities, they are also mentors who provide pastoral support to students and contribute to all aspects of the Glengarry program.
Given the program is residential, onsite accommodation is offered.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Must have a Cert IV, Diploma or Degree Qualification in Outdoor Recreation
- Recognised competencies in at least 4 of the following areas; bush walking, camp craft, navigation, mountain biking, canoeing, rock climbing, abseiling or caving
- Enjoy working with adolescents and an awareness of the responsibility attached to duty of care in boarding contexts
- Familiarity with Outdoor Education / Experiential Learning philosophy
- Candidates must demonstrate a positive support for the Christian values of a Presbyterian GPS School.
All candidates must consent to or have a current a Working with Children Check.
To learn more about this position and to apply, please visit our website: https://www.tsc.nsw.edu.au/careers-at-scots/
Please register your interest by Friday 16 February 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.tsc.nsw.edu.au.