Website The Scots College
The Scots College, NSW
- An opportunity to join one of Australia’s leading Independent Boy’s Schools
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Join a supportive and dynamic team
About the position
The Scots College is an innovative and creative teaching and learning environment for boys T-12. We pride ourselves on our quest for excellence, our faith and tradition and a culture of leadership through teams for both our students and staff.
Due to the current Head of Science being internally promoted we are seeking an exceptional Head of Science to join our progressive and supportive team. This is a full-time 3 year fixed term opportunity commencing January 2022.
Key Responsibilities, Education and Experience
The Head of the Science Department leads the delivery of education in the disciplinary areas of Sciences in the Senior School. They will be responsible for the establishment of a Centre for Excellence and will contribute to the development of the distinctiveness of a Scots Education. They will have a strongly developed knowledge of their discipline and will be responsible for the ongoing development of staff, ensuring that programs and pedagogy support students in the development of the skills needed for life in the 21 st Century and is aligned with the Brave Hearts Bold Minds Educational Philosophy.
- Qualifications in Secondary Education
- Current accreditation with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- Experience of teaching Science
- Support the Philosophy, Ethos and Strategic Intent of the College
- Lead talented teaching teams and delivery of effective teaching and learning programs
- Foster an inclusive and challenging learning environment
- Engage with the school community within and beyond the classroom
- Commit to the development of ‘best practice’ strategies in all aspects of College operations
- Support and implement the whole-College model of Christian leadership
We offer outstanding opportunities for professional development, a supportive work environment and new experiences. Candidates must demonstrate a positive support for the Christian values of a Presbyterian GPS School.
- Professional and personal integrity
- Superior inter-personal relationships
- Being flexible and open-minded
- Being proactive and innovative
- Communicating effectively with others
- Being both a leader and a team player
All applicants must have a current NSW Working with Children Clearance. Information on obtaining a Working with Children Clearance Number can be found at https://www.ocg.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check.
How to apply To learn more about this position, view the role description and to apply, please visit our website: https://www.tsc.nsw.edu.au/careers-at-scots/
Please register your interest by Sunday 14 November 2021.
The Scots College reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tsc.nsw.edu.au.