Hillcrest Christian College, VIC
Exciting opportunity for enthusiastic teachers of the German language. Enjoy teaching in an independent, co-educational school near Berwick.
- Part-time, ongoing position
- Junior Secondary classes initially (Years 7-10)
- Commencing Term 3, 2020
Hillcrest Christian College is an Independent, Co-educational school, with over 1,400 students spanning ELC to VCE at Clyde North in Melbourne’s south-eastern suburbs.
The College invites applications from suitably qualified and enthusiastic candidates for the position of Teacher of German, commencing 20th July 2020 or as soon as possible.
Upon commencement the class allocation is Years7 to 10 with 21 lessons per fortnight, equating to a time fraction of approximately 0.44. Opportunities for additional hours and teaching other year levels in the future may arise.
The successful candidate will have:
- the desire to teach in an environment where both Christian values and academic excellence are emphasised
- the ability to teach German language from Years 7 to 12
- the ability to deliver curriculum in a highly engaging way, using best practice pedagogy
- the outlook of a team player
- proven ability to drive academic achievement whilst supporting a diversity of learners
- strong academic qualifications and a commitment to ongoing professional learning
- the ability to integrate digital technologies into the classroom
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of Hillcrest.
Hillcrest Christian College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid VIT registration and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.
Applications will be considered upon receipt.
Candidates are required to complete the online application and supply a covering letter and CV.
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Joanne Ball, Human Resources Manager.
Alternatively, for further information, please call Joanne on 9707 7324.