Alta-1 College, WA
Senior High School Teacher
Term 3 Start (negotiable)
About Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College WA is an independent Christian, co-educational, CARE (Curriculum and Reengagement in Education) School of 800 students located in various locations across the state. The College caters for students between 12 and 18 years of age and provides students a pathway to complete secondary education.
Recognising that young people learn best when they feel connected and safe, Alta-1 delivers education in a small school environment while also delivering a well-developed therapeutic recovery model. This unique model provides an environment of belonging for the students encouraging them to acknowledge, confront and resolve negativity while engaging in a journey of healing, restoration, identity formation and purpose finding.
The College intentionally works with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk.
Alta-1 was started in Western Australia in 2004 and is now a multi-campus school with nearly all Alta-1 campuses deliberately utilising the premises of an existing church community. In May 2015 Alta-1 College QLD was established and currently services 50 students. Alta-1 College Western Australia has 19 campuses spread throughout the Perth metropolitan area, Great Southern and, recently, the Kimberley.
The Katanning campus will be part of the Great Southern school that is based in Albany.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate and talented Christian Teacher with a heart for at-risk young people. Students in the Senior High School setting are typically in Years 7 – 12. The successful applicant will lead a team who will work together towards meeting the social, emotional and educational needs of students. Upper primary qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Promote an environment of dynamic, active and genuine learning.
- Care for a group in a way that reflects the school’s values.
- Employ a variety of effective teaching strategies to successfully implement the curriculum linked to recovery education.
- Be sensitive to students experiencing personal, social or organizational problems.
- Differentiate the teaching of the curriculum to ensure that the needs of all individuals in their classes are met.
Please refer to the role description and selection criteria for more complete details.
Essential requirements to be considered for the role
- To be a practicing Christian, enthusiastic and passionate about helping young people, with the capacity to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- To have a current working with children check, TRBWA registration and a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check.
- Please refer to the selection criteria document for the full list of essential requirements.
Benefits of working for Alta-1 College
- Salary packaging
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for career progression
If you can see yourself becoming a member of the Alta-1 team and succeeding in this role then please apply. Applications must include a cover letter, a statement addressing the selection criteria, a current resume and a written reference from your pastor. You can find the selection criteria on our website at www.alta-1.wa.edu.au/employment
Please submit applications via e-mail (preferred) to email@example.com or by mail to PO BOX 301, Joondalup DC 6919. Please address the application to the Great Southern Regional Principal, Mr Steve Sharp.
If you would like further information on the role please call the Great Southern Regional Principal, Mr Steve Sharp 0487 231 161.
Application closing date is 4:00pm Friday 31 July 2020.