Nambucca Valley Christian Community School NSW
To work in partnership with the Principal, Head of Primary, Executive, teachers and administrative staff to actively support the Christian vision, ethos and policies of the school.
The teacher’s aide will assist the Learning Support and class teachers in a range of administrative duties, which promote and secure good teaching, effective learning, good behaviour and the academic development of students requiring support.
Part-time ongoing position approximately 27.5 hours per week during term time and staff development days.
- Assist in the educational and social development of Students with Disabilities under the direction and guidance of Head of Primary.
- Administrative functions such as record keeping, report writing and maintaining files and information on students.
- Assist with supporting students on Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Assist students with special needs.
Skills required for this position
- Have an understanding of current trends and knowledge for supporting education of students with a range of abilities and disabilities, utilising related teaching practices and pedagogies.
- Have an understanding of the diverse needs of students with disabilities.
- Capacity to innovate, problem solve and develop creative solutions to emerging issues with a focus on improving student outcomes.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment
- An ability to be flexible regarding timetable changes and duties
- A willingness to work cooperatively with other staff in shared workspaces
- The ability to problem-solve
- Demonstrated experience in working with students with disabilities to support them in their learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assist students to achieve their educational goals.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Committed Christian able to subscribe to Nambucca Valley Christian Community School’s statement of faith.
- Have the ability to support the literacy and numeracy needs of students.
- Willingness to work in classrooms under the guidance of the classroom teacher, to support students with their learning
- Willingness to work positively as part of a team, be flexible and able to adapt to a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to interact positively with students.
Applicants will be required to undergo NSW Working with Children check, identification verifications & referee checks.
Remuneration will be negotiated and will be in accord with the current CSA rates taking into consideration the qualifications and experience of the applicant.
To apply for this position:
- Address the essential criteria in a letter of application.
- Provide copies of qualifications.
- Provide 2 references preferably employment related.
- Provide a reference from your current pastor/minister.
Confidential applications may be addressed to the Head of Primary, Mrs Kerry Frank. Please submit an application by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 16 October 2020.
Mrs Kerry Frank
Head of Primary
Nambucca Valley Christian Community School
PO Box 152, Nambucca Heads, NSW, 2448
Ph. (02) 6568 9311