Summerland Christian College, NSW – Secondary Science Teacher ( Permanent Full-Time)
Summerland Christian College is seeking an experienced and qualified Secondary Science Teacher to fill this permanent, full time position commencing in Term 3, 2021.
To Apply: Please visit www.mysccollege.com/employment to download the Job Application Form and Position Description. Please provide a copy of your Job Application Form, along with requested documentation and responses to the selection criteria outlined in the position description via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday 18th June, 2021
Summerland Christian College is K to12 School located in Goonellabah on the NSW north coast. The College also offers a transition to Trindy (transition to Kindergarten) program. The College is governed by Centre Church Lismore and is affiliated with Christian Schools Australia. The College has provided interdenominational Christian education in the local area for 41 years. Continuing to grow it is now in the process of double streaming from Kindergarten to Year 12.
The College is committed to offering a quality education with a distinctively Christian ethos. It provides a wide range of both academic, practical subjects and extra-curricular activities. The College has high expectations of students and staff and has achieved excellent educational outcomes in the past. The dedicated teaching staff seek the best for each student in their care, not only as a professional duty but also as a duty of faith.
While Summerland Christian College caters for children from Christian families, it welcomes enrolments from those willing to support an education based on Christian values. The 5 Core Values below inform all aspects of the College.
1. The Living Word;
2. Personalised Education,
3. Academic Achievement;
4. Partnering with Parents; and
5. Christ Centred.
We are looking for a teacher who can teach all year levels of Secondary Science (with opportunity also available in Maths) to join our growing teaching team as the College continues its double-streaming. The successful candidate will commence their appointment in Term 3 of 2021 and be qualified to teach HSC Chemistry. Experience in Physics and other sciences is most desirable.
Your suitability for the role will be assessed using the following criteria. Please respond to the Selection Criteria along with your application.
1. Personal Christian commitment, Church involvement and ability to teach with a Christian world view;
2. Demonstrated ability to deliver quality teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas to maximize learning using current research and evidence;
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students including the use of appropriate interpersonal skills, and the ability to apply classroom management strategies that contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a positive and supportive learning environment; and
4. A willingness to work collaboratively with parents, College staff and members of the wider community in order to establish and maintain productive partnerships to achieve educational outcomes.
College staff expectations
As an employee at Summerland Christian College you are required to:
1. Exhibit behavior, through word and action, which reflects the ethos and Christian foundations of the school;
2. Abide by the Staff Code of Conduct;
3. Be familiar with and follow school policies and procedures;
4. Carry out your responsibilities to the best of your ability and in a Christian, safe and professional manner; and
5. Reflect on your own work performance and seek further training or professional development opportunities to update you knowledge and skills to serve the College.
Role, responsibilities and accountabilities
Your role as Teacher at Summerland Christian College include:
· Plan, prepare and deliver quality and effective teaching and learning programs which are consistent with the NESA Professional Standards for Teachers; and relevant syllabi, curriculum policies, work programs and educational trends;
· Maintain teaching competency and currency of knowledge of relevant curriculum programs as required by the College and other relevant statutory authorities;
· Support students through interaction with them in a variety of settings and through the active development of supportive learning environments and effective behaviour management practices;
· Provide for the physical, social, cultural and emotional wellbeing and physical safety of students whilst at the College and enhance their overall development towards effective citizenship and responsible adulthood through participation in timetabled, non-timetabled and planned extra curricula activities;
· Assess students (diagnostic, formative and summative) for developmental, feedback and reporting purposes;
· Maintain student records and samples of work and report on student performance to students, parents, the College Board and other stakeholders;
· Participate in the collaborative development and evaluation of curriculum (the sum total of all learning experiences) and regularly monitor, through observation and evaluation, the effectiveness of the learning/teaching program; and
· Participate as appropriate, in school decision making processes and professional development.
· Contribute positively to the aims and Core Values of the College
As the Teacher at Summerland Christian College, you will display:
· Confidentiality, tact and sensitivity to staff, students and their families;
· Outstanding judgement;
· High level integrity;
· Agility to adapt to a constantly changing environment;
· Strong improvement orientation;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Participation in and contribution to teams; and
· The outworking of Christian qualities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.