Website SPCC DALE YP
St Philip’s Christian College DALE, NSW
Head of Campus Postions Available – 1.0FTE
- St Philip’s Christian College DALE – Waratah
- St Philip’s Christian College DALE – Cessnock
Commencing January 2022
St Philip’s Christian College DALE is seeking two well-qualified and experienced Christian Educational Leaders for the positions of Head of Campus at our Waratah and Cessnock campuses. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to work with the DALE Executive Leadership team, commencing in January 2022.
The role of Head of Campus requires a dynamic Christian Special Education Teacher with the passion, experience and skills to lead a team of Teachers and Wellbeing Assistants to provide quality Christian education to our students. The ideal candidates will have extensive knowledge about how to meet the educational and social needs of students with Mental Health Disorders such as Anxiety, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
At St Philip’s Christian College DALE, we value staff who are innovative, love working with students with complex needs and who support our core values: Christ first; Serve one another; Strive for excellence; Do what is right; and Build community. We follow the Collaborative and Proactive Solutions model to ensure our students are empowered as they grow in the skills necessary to face life’s challenges. Our students require structure and consistency and as such we have designed a DALE Day structure to meet their needs. Our staff are proactive and responsive so our students feel safe, known and cared for. If this sounds like the environment for you and you want to join a dynamic team who are changing lives by inspiring young people, you are invited to apply.
As a Christian faith community committed to the ministry of Christian education, the Mission Statement of St Philip’s Christian Education Foundation states that St. Philip’s Christian College will continue to provide quality education in a caring, secure and challenging learning environment based on Christian beliefs, values and practice.
We therefore seek Christians who are professionally and personally committed to bringing their evangelical and Biblically based beliefs, values and practices to this ministry of Christian education, or to their role of supporting this ministry of Christian education. If you are a passionate, experienced Christian with strong communication skills, we would love to hear from you. Application forms and other relevant information can be found on our website: www.spcc.nsw.edu.au
Heads of Campus at St Philip’s Christian College DALE are to support the College’s mission and vision of quality Christian education. Heads of Campus therefore will be committed Christians who are active in their local church and have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills.
Aims of St Philip’s Christian College DALE:
• To provide a program that will enable students to continue their education in an environment that is both flexible and supportive of their particular needs. The School aims to maximise their employment and educational opportunities and enhance their life skills within a Christian community.
• To support students in all areas of their lives, enabling them to discover their God-given purpose through pursuit of their educational and employment aspirations.
• Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be a committed Christian who is active in their local church;
• An understanding and commitment to the vision and mission of Christian education;
• Proven ability to engage students in the learning process both face to face and online;
• Experience or capacity in working collaboratively with students;
• Demonstrated ability to lead educators in teaching from a Christian worldview and understanding;
• Demonstrated skills in evaluating learning and teaching programs using student data;
• Deep knowledge of the educational and social needs of students with Mental Health Disorders, Autism and Intellectual Disability.
• Proven successful experience teaching students with anxiety, depression, PTSD and/or Special Education qualifications either through pre-service or post graduate qualifications;
• An understanding of the development of social/emotional skills and how to embed specific strategies within the educative process;
• A NSW Working with Children Check is essential and employment is not able to commence without a current clearance;
• Current NSW NESA Teacher Accreditation;
• A commitment to ongoing personal and professional development;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated organisational skills;
• Demonstrated ability to develop innovative practice and lead activities that focus on improving educational opportunities for all students;
• Successful experience in leading a cohesive team within an Christian educational setting;
• Outstanding inter-personal and pastoral skills;
• A strong understanding of, and the ability to apply, the principles of positive education;
• Demonstrated ability to develop stimulating, productive and inclusive learning environments;
• Demonstrated skills in evaluating learning and teaching programs using student data; and
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Primary and Secondary Curriculum including HSC Pathways.
Your application should address the Professional Requirements mentioned above as well as completing the Teaching Application & Employment Collection Notice found on our website https://www.spcc.nsw.edu.au/dale under the Employment tab and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1 October 2021
We strongly encourage applicants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage to apply.
If you have any questions please call 4949 2929
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.