Website SPCC DALE Young Parents
St Philip’s Christian College DALE Young Parents – Waratah, NSW
School Social Worker – Commencing July 2021 – 1.0FTE Permanent
St Philip’s Christian College DALE Young Parents Waratah is seeking a permanent full-time, well-qualified and experienced Christian Social Worker.
The position is based at our Waratah campus and will commence in July 2021.
At St Philip’s Christian College DALE Young Parents, we value staff who are innovative, love working with students with complex needs and who support our core values: Christ first; Serve one another; Strive for excellence; Do what is right and Build community. SPCC DALE Young Parents is a school that provides teenage parents and young families the opportunity of generational change through education. If this sounds like the environment for you and you want to join a dynamic team who are changing lives by inspiring young people, you are invited to apply.
As a Christian faith community committed to the ministry of Christian education, the Mission Statement of St Philip’s Christian Education Foundation states that St. Philip’s Christian College will continue to provide quality education in a caring, secure and challenging learning environment based on Christian beliefs, values and practice.
We therefore seek Christians who are professionally and personally committed to bringing their evangelical and Biblically based beliefs, values and practices to this ministry of Christian education, or to their role of supporting this ministry of Christian education. If you are a passionate, experienced Christian Social Worker with strong communication skills, we would love to hear from you. Application forms and other relevant information can be found on our website: www.spcc.nsw.edu.au
The Social Worker role provides support, advocacy, assessment, information, and referral for students to address barriers to educational success. They work collaboratively with enrolled students not engaging with school or at risk of disengaging. This could include home visits as appropriate. An important part of the role is to liaise with community organisations and local service providers to identify services and supports available to students and their children; and collaborate with local service providers to support student wellbeing (i.e. case workers, specialist homelessness services, DCJ).
If you want to join a dynamic team who are changing lives by inspiring young people, you are invited to apply.
Social Workers at St Philip’s Christian College DALE Young Parents are to support the College’s mission and vision of quality Christian education.
Social Workers therefore will be committed Christians who are active in their local church and be able to support educational outcomes through advocacy and capacity building in students.
Aims of St Philip’s Christian College DALE Young Parents:
• To provide a program that will enable students to continue their education in an environment that is both flexible and supportive of their
particular needs. The School aims to maximise their employment and educational opportunities and enhance their life skills within a
• To support students in all areas of their lives, enabling them to discover their God purpose through pursuit of their educational and
• Personal relationship with God;
• Follower of Jesus Christ;
• An understanding of the vision and nature of Christian education;
• A qualification in social work, psychology, social sciences, child and family welfare, or a related discipline;
• Experience and expertise gained through previous appointments, services and/or other study related to this position;
• Demonstrated ability to engage effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
• A Working with Children Check is essential and employment is not able to commence without a current clearance;
• High level communication and administration skills;
• Ability to work in a team and work without supervision;
• Be able to anticipate needs and problems that may arise; and
• Be efficient and organised.
Please complete the Non – Teaching Application & Employment Collection Notice found on our website https://www.spcc.nsw.edu.au/dale
under the Employment tab.
Please include your CV, qualifications and academic transcripts and send to email@example.com by Monday 21st June 2021.
We strongly encourage applicants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage to apply.
If you have any questions please call 4949 2929.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.