International Christian School, Hong Kong
You will be joining a team of Christian professionals who will welcome your knowledge in north american curriculum, expertise and contributions in delivering stimulating and effective instruction, cultivating a learning environment that facilitates the achievement of the School’s Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs), and a curriculum that integrates biblical worldview and understanding.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons that cater diverse student learning abilities, with clear objectives and learning outcomes.
- Create and promote a positive language learning environment with appropriate teaching aids and differentiated support.
- Design and implement assessment tools and evaluate students’ academic and behavioral outcomes, hence effective intervention strategies.
- Support and contribute to the intellectual and spiritual growth of students.
- Work with other faculty members in supporting curriculum review and development.
- Ensure effective and efficient record and resource management and development.
- Maintain regular communication and trust with parents in a welcoming, open and cooperative manner.
- Perform administrative tasks (e.g. serving in committees and meetings, as chaperone in school and afterschool activities, etc.) as and when required.
- Any other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned by the High School Principal.
- Native or near-native Spanish speaker.
- A bachelor degree in Education or bachelor degree in any subjects with PGCE/PGDE or equivalent awarded by an accredited university.
- 2 years or above relevant experience in classroom Spanish teaching to secondary school students. Familiarity with the international school environment and pedagogy are highly preferred.
- Strong passion and commitment to Christian education and the teaching subject, with a positive attitude and a growth mindset.
- Ability to identify student abilities and special learning styles, and provide differentiated instruction and support.
- Proven effective classroom management experience, with the ability to handle emergency situations with a calm demeanor.
- Ability to work well with the faculty team, students and parents.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a new cultural environment preferred.
We offer a 5-day work week and attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. Join us through submitting an online application with your resume and salary expectations at www.ics.edu.hk.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purposes.