Website Southern Vales Christian College
Southern Vales Christian College (SA) is a vibrant and growing Foundation to Year 12 school with campuses at Morphett Vale and Aldinga. The College is a ministry of Harvest Australia Church.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and innovative people with a Christian worldview for the following position commencing as soon as possible in 2022.
Learning Support Teacher – Secondary
To work at both the Morphett Vale and Aldinga Campus
Commencing as soon as possible, 2022
We are looking for an innovative leader and educator with a passion for developing diverse learners using a variety of teaching and learning methodologies.
The successful applicant will:
- Be registered with the South Australian Teachers Registration Board.
- Have a commitment to the ethos of an independent Christian school.
- Have appropriate teaching qualifications. A Master of Special Education is preferred but not essential.
- Have experience working in Special Education/Learning Support in Secondary schools.
- Work collaboratively with Secondary classroom teachers and Learning Support Assistants to support assessment for learning of their students with additional educational needs and identify specific learning and support needs.
- Work with external agencies to assess students, evaluate profiles across learning, social/emotional and physical aspects of development as they relate to education settings and report to parents.
- Plan, implement, model, monitor and evaluate support programs for Secondary students with additional learning and support needs in conjunction with regular classroom teachers.
- Be knowledgeable about a range of pathways available to students’ post-school, including tertiary study, life skills and recreation programs and vocational and work pathways.
- Have a broad knowledge of a variety of learning difficulties & disabilities.
- Contribute to the achievement of educational outcomes of students with identified learning difficulties.
- Collaboratively write review Individual Education Plans (IEP) for eligible Secondary students.
- Assist the Learning Support Leaders to coordinate the Nationally Consistent Collection of Data (NCCD) across both campuses.
Application documents and the position description for this position can be downloaded from our website: https://svcc.sa.edu.au/employment
Applications close 27 May 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.