Website Southern Christian College
Southern Christian College (TAS) is seeking applications for a Workplace Health and Safety, Compliance and Training Officer 0.4FTE commencing ASAP.
Southern Christian College is a Christian, faith-based organisation serving the community. The College aims to provide a holistic education that develops a community of learners who are balanced spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally, creatively and socially. We offer a unique blend of the globally-respected International Baccalaureate programme and a nurturing Christian learning environment.
The College aims to develop lifelong independent and cooperative learners through a Christ-centred quality education that inspires and equips young people for life.
The College promotes an understanding of, and appreciation for, the teachings of Christ through the Scriptures and His life being foundational to our relationships and practice.
This understanding is demonstrated through:
- Partnering with parents and community in the education of children.
- Expressing faith as caring and respectful members of a global community,
- Acting in ways that promote social justice and international mindedness,
- Celebrating the knowledge, goodness and grace of God in creation and salvation.
Key objectives of the position:
- To develop, implement and monitor the Southern Christian College WHS Policies and Procedures and associated legislative requirements.
- To help ensure that employees, students and visitors have the safest possible environment to work, learn and play, both at school and activities off-campus.
- Maintain awareness of the most current version of the WHS Act and Regulations to ensure the School’s ongoing compliance.
- Qualifications and/or experience in WH&S or a related discipline or demonstrated equivalent knowledge and vocational experience
- An understanding of the Work Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the Key Operational Tasks and Responsibilities described above
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to deal with a wide variety of employees and situations
- Well-developed analytical skills and ability to develop practical solutions
Please email the College for an application pack: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4pm Monday 29th November, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.