Website South Coast Baptist College
Rigorous Minds | Compassionate Hearts
- Contract: Semester 2, 2024
- Full Time
South Coast Baptist College is seeking a dedicated Psychologist to join our team and provide support to students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
Both provisional and fully registered Psychologists who have an interest in school-based work are encouraged to apply for this position.
The role is contract for the second semester of 2024 and offers flexibility, with the exact full-time equivalent (FTE) to be determined in collaboration with the successful candidate.
If you are provisionally registered or in the process of seeking provisional registration, the College can offer supervision and support through our experienced Clinical Psychologist, if needed.
As the College Psychologist, you will play a crucial role in providing leadership and assistance to students and staff in areas such as mental health, wellbeing, student behavior, and learning support. The ideal candidate will showcase their expertise in psychological assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and consultation at both individual and group levels within the College community.
- To have a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- To attend Church on a regular basis and model Christian beliefs, behaviour and practices.
- To accept the College’s Statement of Faith.
- Build co-operative and supportive relationships with the board, principal, staff, students and parents.
- Work to ensure personal best practice.
- Ensure that decision making is based on fact and is impartial and fair.
- Model the use of appropriate and proper channels of communication.
- Always act in the best interest of the College and its ethos.
- Working With Children Card.
- Either working towards or holding current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APRHA).
The following selection criteria are identified as being required to achieve the outcomes in the context of this position. Applicants will need to provide evidence of their capacity to transfer their knowledge and skills to achieving the outcomes of this position.
- Demonstrated ability to implement psychology services and programs in an educational environment to maximise student learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the implementation and evaluation of a variety of psychological approaches appropriate for individual, group and system-level intervention.
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills, demonstrating the capacity to produce correspondence, reports and case notes, and interview and training (facilitation) skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, which demonstrate an ability to function in a self-directed way, and as a member of a Multidisciplinary team, working with a range of clients, College Staff and inter-agency partners across a variety of contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and conceptual skills to issues identification, risk assessment and analysis, intervention and evaluation. This includes evidence of the ability to conduct, interpret and report on psycho-educational assessments.
Please click here for:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 09th March 2024
*South Coast Baptist College reserves the right to fill this position prior to the closing date.
Before you apply, please ensure you have the following document ready to upload with your application
- Covering letter
- Copy of WWCC (if you have one)
- First Aid Certificate (if you have one)
- Copies of relevant qualification certificates/academic transcripts
- Proof of residency status
- Pastor’s reference/Christian character reference
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the HR Manager, Erwin Wijaya at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit scbc.bamboohr.com.