International Christian School, Hong Kong
At ICS, you will be joining a team of Christian professionals who will welcome your knowledge in North American curriculum and expertise in delivering stimulating and effective lessons. While cultivating a positive learning environment, that facilitates the achievement of the School’s Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs), you will implement a curriculum that integrates biblical worldview and understanding.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment which values student care, promotes positive relationships, and contributes to the intellectual and spiritual growth of students.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons that use inquiry strategies to meet the needs of diverse student learning abilities, with clear objectives and learning outcomes.
- Design and implement formative and summative assessments that provide effective feedback that measures student learning and promotes student growth.
- Maintain regular communication and trust with parents in a welcoming, open and cooperative manner.
- Work with other faculty members in supporting curriculum review and development through ongoing professional learning communities and collaboration.
- Willingness to engage in administrative tasks that are core to the school’s operation, such as curriculum management, service on committees, chaperoning students in school and after school, as well as engagement in co-curricular activities.
- A bachelor degree in Education, Economics, World History, Social Science or PGCE/PGDE or equivalent awarded by an accredited university.
- 2 years or above relevant experience in classroom teaching to secondary school students. Familiarity with the international school environment and pedagogy are highly preferred.
- Experience in teaching AP Social Sciences, specifically AP History courses, AP Economics or AP Psychology, as well as general understanding of the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework are highly preferred.
- Strong passion and commitment to Christian education and the teaching subject, with a positive attitude and a growth mindset.
- Expertise in identifying student abilities and unique learning styles, and providing differentiated instruction and support while utilizing an individual education plan.
- Use effective classroom management to create and promote a positive, nurturing attitude and environment that supports student development and models biblical principles.
- Ability to collaborate positively with faculty, students and parents in all aspects of school life.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a new cultural environment preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Apps for Education as well as using other educational technology platforms to support student learning preferred.
We offer a 5-day work week and attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. Join us through submitting an online application with your resume and salary expectations at www.ics.edu.hk.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purposes.