Sherwood Hills Christian School (SHCS), NSW is a Kindergarten to Year 12 co-education school in the south-western suburbs of Sydney. Our purpose is to provide a solid Christian education in a nurturing environment, directed by professional, godly educators since 1979. Our staff serves as role models to facilitate academic, physical, social, emotional and spiritual growth. Our desire is to educate each student in all areas of academic achievement, and to fulfil the biblical admonition found in Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
The school is located in an established residential area, nearby a local shopping complex. Sherwood Hills is readily accessible by car and public transport. On-site parking for staff is provided.
SHCS seeks to appoint a Secondary Teacher who will:
· Maintain a commitment to a faithful walk with the Lord Jesus Christ
· Demonstrate ongoing commitment to the school’s Vision and Mission Statements
· Commit to a growing understanding of the place of education, teaching and learning from a Biblical standpoint
· Set an example to students, staff and parents/carers in matters of faith and conduct
The selected applicant should be a Christian actively engaged in church life and have the following:
· Outstanding time management and organisational skills
· Useful skills in Microsoft Office products
· Professional and friendly demeanour
· The ability to work independently and to use initiative
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience with school administration software desirable
· NESA NUMBER details
All staff are required to be Christians who are active in their local church and able to obtain a current minister’s reference.
A uniform is required to be worn and is provided by the school. Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
Application documentation must include:
· Completed and signed Sherwood Hills Christian School Teaching Staff Employment Application form, available on our website under “Careers”.
· Full CV to demonstrate suitability for the position, including qualifications, relevant experience, current position responsibilities and employment history
· Certified copies of qualifications
· Current Working With Children Check or an ability to obtain such a check
· Evidence of a First Aid credential or a commitment to obtain such a credential by the commencement date
· Details of 3 confidential referees, employer, colleague and a written referral letter from your current minister
· Only applicants eligible to work in Australia may apply for this position
· Submit application via email only – email@example.com
· Indicate in subject line the following: Application: Secondary Teacher
· All documentation submitted as a single PDF document, if possible
· Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
· Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
Sherwood Hills is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people. The successful applicant, therefore, will need to hold and maintain a valid NSW Working With Children Check in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW).
For further information, please contact Grace Kruse at our school office on 02 4629 4800 or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.