St Philip’s Christian College DALE (NSW) seeks a well-qualified and experienced Christian Teacher with special education qualifications and/or experience with teaching students with social/emotional needs and senior secondary qualifications. This position requires the successful applicant to act as the core class teacher and teach across a range of subjects. The position is based at our Waratah campus commencing January 2021.
At St Philip’s Christian College DALE, we value staff who are innovative, love working with students with complex needs and who support our core values: Christ first; Do what is right; Serve one another; Strive for excellence and Build community. The DALE Waratah campus operates on a ‘stretched’ middle school philosophy right through to the HSC as a means to educate our students who have emotional, social or intellectual needs and see this environment as the ideal educational setting to meet their needs. If this sounds like the teaching environment for you and you want to join a dynamic team who are changing lives by inspiring young people, you are invited to apply.
As a Christian faith community committed to the ministry of Christian education, the Mission Statement of St Philip’s Christian Education Foundation states that:
St. Philip’s Christian College will continue to provide quality education in a caring, secure and challenging learning environment based on Christian beliefs, values and practice.
We therefore seek Christians who are professionally and personally committed to bringing their evangelical and Biblically based beliefs, values and practices to this ministry of Christian education, or to their role of supporting this ministry of Christian education. If you are a passionate, experienced Christian Teacher with strong communication skills, we would love to hear from you. Application forms and other relevant information can be found on our website: www.spcc.nsw.edu.au
Teachers at St Philip’s Christian College DALE are to support the College’s mission and vision of quality Christian education. Teachers therefore will have a Christian commitment and teaching skills of a high order.
Aims of St Philip’s Christian College DALE:
- To provide a program that will enable students to continue their education in an environment that is both flexible and supportive of their particular needs. The School aims to maximise their employment and educational opportunities and enhance their life skills within a Christian community.
- To support students in all areas of their lives, enabling them to discover their God purpose through pursuit of their educational and employment aspirations.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Committed Christian
- An understanding and commitment to the vision and mission of Christian education
- Proven ability to engage students in the learning process both face to face and online
- Skills, experience or capacity in teaching a range of subject areas
- Proven successful experience teaching students with emotional, social and intellectual disabilities and/or Special Education qualifications either through pre-service or post graduate qualifications
- An understanding of the development of social/emotional skills and how to embed specific strategies within the educative process
- A NSW Working with Children Check is essential and employment is not able to commence without a current clearance
- A commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level organisational skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Professional presentation and a pleasant manner
Please also include a copy of your CV, Qualifications and Transcripts by Friday 16th October 2020.
We strongly encourage applicants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage to apply.
If you have any questions please call 4949 2929.