SECONDARY HUMANITIES/ENGLISH TEACHER – Full Time
Charlotte Mason College is a selective Christian school (P-12), where the emphasis is on training the loves of the children towards goodness, truth and beauty. We follow the pedagogy of the Christian education philosopher Charlotte Mason..
A suitable teacher for this position must have a passion for classic literature, history, philosophy and Christian apologetics. You would also ideally display an appreciation for other aspects of high culture (classical music, dance, fine-art, and science). Ideally a range of subjects will be interrelated to the historical themes and the flow of ideas through history.
Having a personal Christian faith is essential as the children’s spiritual life will be nurtured through spiritual mentoring, stories, teaching, habit-training, worship and prayer, all integrated into the learning program.
Essential qualities include:
- appropriate teaching qualifications, registration and experience
- a passion and contagious enthusiasm for all of life
- a deep love for Jesus Christ
- promotes traditional family values and Christian character
- models an appetite for learning and reading
- is healthy and energetic, and willing to engage students in alternative learning environments (such as creative, theatrical, nature/outdoors, or practical learning).
To apply for this position, please send a full CV with details of 3 confidential referees (i. Church minister; ii. Colleague; iii. Past employer) to firstname.lastname@example.org