Charlton Christian College, NSW
Charlton is a well-established K-12 Christian College of 635 students in beautiful Lake Macquarie. It was founded as Lake Macquarie Christian College in 1998 by the Christian Education Foundation and relocated to its current site a year later. In 2004 it was renamed as Charlton Christian College.
Charlton is a member of CSA (Christian Schools Australia) and the AIS (Association of Independent Schools). Staff are committed Christians and enjoy outstanding staff facilities and a positive, supportive environment.
The successful applicant will have an appropriate educational qualification secondary education and capacity to teach Year 7-12 HSC History. He/she will be highly skilled classroom practitioner with excellent administrative and management skills
She/he will have experience in the NSW curriculum, a current WWCC, NSW teacher accreditation, be a committed Christian and an active member of a Christian Church.
The successful applicant will:
Be a committed Christian and an active member of a Christian Church, with a strong passion for Christian community.
- Have a current WWCC.
- Be a team-player and work collegially with staff.
- Demonstrate high level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Participate fully in supporting the Christian Ethos of the College, with a willingness to contribute to its academic, pastoral and co-curricular life.
- Have a strong commitment to own ongoing professional learning and improvement.
- Be a qualified secondary History teacher with high capacity, comprehensive knowledge of NESA syllabus documents and significant experience in teaching Stage 4 - Stage 6.
- Be an exceptional practitioner, demonstrating the ability to effectively implement teaching programs in Stage 4 through to HSC History with a second subject while catering for a wide range of learning styles and abilities.
- Demonstrate skill and understanding in differentiating the curriculum and making adjustments to cater for a wide range of learning needs and ability levels.
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in the assessment of student learning against the NESA K-10 A-E Performance Standards
- Utilise a variety of management techniques in order to establish a safe, settled and supportive learning environment where children are nurtured to reach their God-given potential.
- Work in partnership with staff and parents to ensure that students are well supported academically, emotionally, socially and spiritually, at their stage of development.
- Demonstrate experience with the use of ICT equipment and systems, in order to provide meaningful integration of digital technology in the classroom.
The Application process
Applicants are to:
- Download and complete the Application for Employment form, from the College website: http://www.charlton.nsw.edu.au/positions-vacant/.
- Generate a covering letter which addresses the criteria listed in the description of the role above
- Include Curriculum Vitae and
- Other supporting documentation
Submit the completed documents above to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 9:00 am on Monday 16 December 2019.
The Selection Process
Short-listing will be undertaken by members of a selection panel. All applicants will be notified of the selection panels’ decisions within two weeks of the closing date.
Only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. The interview will consist of a series of questions based on determining the capacity of the applicants to undertake the role description. Applicants will be given the opportunity to explain and expand on the information provided in their application.
Applicants may be required to give examples of how they would handle case scenario situations.
Short-listed applicants for the position may be required to undertake trial lesson and be observed in the classroom by the panel members.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of interviews and unsuccessful applicants may, at the discretion of the panel, obtain feedback on their application and interview by contacting the selection panel.