Foundation Christian College (WA) is a co-educational, non-denominational, K-12 College with over 520 students located in the beautiful Peel region.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for the following fixed-term position in Secondary School commencing in Term 3, 2020.
Secondary Food and Technology Teacher (0.6 FTE)
Foundation Christian College seeks a dynamic educator to teach Food Science and Technology for Year 7 to 12. Experience teaching General and ATAR Food Science and Technology is preferable, although not essential.
The position will commence in Term 3 and conclude at the end of the 2020 academic year and the preferred applicant may be considered for other teaching roles within the College in 2021.
Foundation Christian College has a friendly, professional team of staff who provide a supportive work culture and a positive and inspiring work environment. We are passionate about supporting every student to set and achieve their personal learning goals by achieving to the best of their ability through our quality education and effective learning processes. Our pedagogy is driven by student-learning and student-engagement. We adopt a balanced approach between teacher-directed and student-centred learning.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience teaching General and ATAR Food Science and Technology is preferable, although not essential.
- All applicants must be registered to teach in Western Australia with the TRBWA (Teacher Registration Board), have a current Federal Police Clearance and Working with Children Check.
Essential Characteristics & Attributes:
- Passionate about living out your Christian faith
- Prepared to model, uphold and support the ethos of the College and its Core Values
- Enthusiastic about impacting the lives of young children
- Committed to engaging in the education of the whole child: socially, emotionally, spiritually and academically
- Innovative and creative
- Committed to lifelong learning and have a passion for teaching
- Relational with strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to be a productive member of our team and to work collegially with the other members of the team
- Understand the balance between teacher-directed and student-centred learning
- Naturally well-organized and proactive
- Well-versed and experienced in working within the WA & Australian Curricula
- An Australian resident and eligible to work in Australia.
Excited by the possibilities? Click on the link below and fill in an Application Form today!
Applications must be submitted online: https://www.fcc.wa.edu.au/about/job-vacancies/
Further information about the College can be accessed on the College website. www.fcc.wa.edu.au