Website Sattler Christian College
Sattler Christian College (NT) is a wonderful ELC to Year 12 pathway college, that is situated on the semi-rural outskirts of Darwin. To learn more about Sattler Christian College, please visit our campus website here.
Due to positive growth at our College we are now seeking a highly motivated Primary School Teacher (Year 4-5) with the ability to teach from a Christian worldview. There will be targeted opportunities to learn and contribute to strategic planning, Clifton’s Strengths culture, staff engagement, professional development locally, Territory and Australian wide through Christian Education National.
About the role
The central role of the teacher is to assist the principal to build and maintain a healthy strength based learning community within the college/school. The teacher is responsible, in the context of the school, to enter into a partnership with parents to offer students the nurture and opportunities to that will allow them to discover and reach their full potential.
This requires the highest commitment to the Lord, the Bible and to schooling from a distinctively Christian perspective and directed by parents and other supportive Christian people.
Some of the key areas of responsibility include:
- To develop appropriate classroom procedures, programs and activities which reflect a Christian worldview.
- To be prepared for all lessons.
- To be familiar with and implement strength based teaching techniques.
- To perform yard duties or other duties as part of their duty-of-care responsibilities.
- In the context of the College/School, to assist parents in their task of nurturing and raising their children.
- To communicate with parents to exchange relevant information and develop cooperative strategies.
- To prepare a program of the lessons they intend to teach at the beginning of each year using the college proforma and outlining briefly the lessons for the year.
- To write student reports twice a year which comply with the college guidelines.
- To be at school outside normal school hours for; interviews, extra meetings, parent-teacher conferences, excursions and performances.
- To attend the midyear Over the Top conference as well as whole college professional development and curriculum days as scheduled throughout the year.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as directed by the principal
- A committed Christian actively involved in your local church.
- Have appropriate tertiary qualifications in your teaching area.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the Australian Curriculum.
- Demonstrate or be willing to develop, the ability to prepare teaching programs that have a biblical perspective and deliver significant educational outcomes for students.
- Demonstrate the capacity to develop programs that differentiate learning opportunities for students.
- Display a high level of competence in teaching practices and classroom management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Be pastorally committed to the task of caring for and nurturing students.
- Demonstrate the capacity to be an active team member and work collaboratively.
- An opportunity to work in a Christian values-based organisation that truly cares about and values it’s employees
- An opportunity to develop into areas of leadership or eligibility for deployment to one of our other schools.
- Above award and NES entitlements
- Salary Sacrifice
- Counselling cost share program
- Opportunity to study Masters in Christian Education through NICE (National Institute for Christian Education) and VET Training with Transforming Training
- Professional Development – Annual OTT Conference
- An opportunity to explore and discover the NT
How to apply:
Download the employment application form and Statement of Faith from our jobs page, address the key areas of responsibilities as set out in the job description and include it with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: All employees at NT Christian Schools are required to hold a Working with Children Card (OCHRE Card), a police clearance valid within the last 12 months and a Drivers Licence as well as a NT TRB (for teaching positions). All applicants will be required to provide a Pastoral referee.
For more information about this position please contact the principal, Michael Tooler on (08) 7922 1500, or the HR team on (08) 8920 5433.
Only applicants with full Australian work rights will be considered.
Position commences as negotiated.
Applications are considered on receipt.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ntchristianschools.com.au.