Riverside Christian College, QLD is a rapidly growing Prep – 12 independent Christian College located in Maryborough, Queensland providing both Day School and Distance Education.
Riverside Christian College is a contemporary and innovative school, developing world-first educational initiatives for students. Our vision is to provide quality Christian education that develops character and empowers students to impact their community.
The College is a supportive and respectful environment defined by its Christian ethos and values framework reflecting and encouraging behaviours aligned with our College values of Excellence, Teamwork, Respect, Faith and Community. To do this we strive to be leaders of excellence in Teaching and Learning, Faith Development, Community Engagement and Organisational rigour.
Riverside is seeking a highly motivated person to fill the extremely important and visible position of College Principal. This role requires an individual with significant experience working with and supporting young people as well as possessing the capacity to manage a team of professional staff and College resources.
The successful candidate will have in-depth experience working within a co-educational P-12 school, preferably across both Day and Distance Education Schools. This senior level person will have previous experience in an identical role, including organisational business knowledge and experience. The College environment underpins the success of the College vision, ‘Delivering quality Christian Education that develops character and empowers students to impact their community’. Hence, the successful candidate must possess a strong Christian character and participate in active regular church involvement.
- Lead a growing College by driving enrolment growth, raising College profile, planning for and addressing infrastructure needs and implementing the Strategic Plan
- Shape a vision for academic success within a Christian environment
Leadership of People, Data and Processes
- Demonstrate leadership skills that engage staff to embody change and success
- Define the responsibilities and accountability of College staff
- Ensure the College programs are compliant within legal and financial boundaries and sit within relevant policy and procedures
- Interpret and oversee budgets and policies, with an explicit understanding of compliance
- Comply with College policies, procedures, and practices, including WHS and the Staff Code of Conduct
Championing Staff Career Growth
- Identify and facilitate professional development initiatives for the staffing community, to encourage continued growth for relevant awards
- Identify leadership in others through succession planning
- Instil a collaborative approach by involving staff in determining priorities and College direction
- Comprehensive understanding of student and staff well-being and related strategies to create a healthy working environment
Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Engage faculty and lead collaborative development of specific curricular objectives in line with College and relevant statutory authorities’ requirements
- Be directed by relevant educational research to identify future classroom and strategic College direction
- Understand pedagogical change in education and its implementation
- Demonstrate commitment to the pastoral care of members of the College community
- Demonstrate skills in building community, including facilitation, delegation and consultation
- Establish and maintain relationships with all stakeholders including parents, relevant community bodies and colleagues through internal and external community engagement
- Qualifications in Education is essential
- Hold a current QCT Registration
- Proven experience in Education leadership, preferably within a P-12 or equivalent environment
- Demonstrated summary of achievements within a mid to large cohort education institute
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, implement and deliver strategic outcomes to support the College, consistent with regulations as outlined by a Governing body.
- Knowledge and understanding of running an organisation within a structural framework and proven accomplishments in business development
- Demonstrated ability of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Possess strong Christian character and support the College Christian value.
Applications close Wednesday, 7 December 2021
Applicants will be subject to police and referee checks, identification verification and required to disclose any information relevant to the candidates’ eligibility to engage in activities involving young people.
To submit your application, email the following to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include;
1. Covering Letter addressing key selection criteria as outlined above; and
2. Resume, including contact details for two professional references (one of which may be a pastoral reference from your local church)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.