Website Rehoboth Christian College
If you are an engaging educator, we want to hear from you!
Rehoboth Christian College (WA)
An exciting opportunity has become available for qualified Relief Teachers and Relief Special Needs Education Assistants to join our Secondary team.
If you are an engaging, vibrant educator who has a passion for providing excellent Christian education, we want to hear from you.
As the first Christian parent-governed school in Western Australia, we are pioneers of distinctly Christian education. Our rich heritage stretches back almost sixty years; we have learned a fair bit in that time and are always seeking ways to improve and innovate.
Rehoboth exists to partner with families in their God-given task of nurturing and educating their children. You will be joining a team who really believe in their mission to lead students to think and live for the glory of God in every aspect of their lives.
About the Positions
As a highly motivated and caring Relief Special Needs Education Assistant you will provide care, learning support and supervision for Secondary students with disabilities.
Within the scope of learning programs provided a Secondary Relief Teacher will have a strong understanding of the curriculum, assessment, standards, and reporting requirements defined by the School Curriculum and Standards Authority of Western Australia. You will also need to be committed to providing a Biblically integrated curriculum, with an enthusiasm for training children in a thoroughly Christian worldview in every learning area.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
Apart from the necessary qualifications, we look for people who are a great cultural fit. Rehoboth is a community of Christians – parents and staff alike – and we are all about supporting each other in our spiritual walks and encouraging students to explore their faith and discover their God-given gifts.
We take your active involvement in a local Protestant Christian church, a deeply committed Christian lifestyle, and ability to articulate your personal Christian faith as evidence of your desire to help build a vibrant Christian community at Rehoboth.
You will also need to be an exceptional communicator and have an outstanding ability to work collaboratively with staff and students. This is where your pastoral heart and passion for teaching will shine.
Here are the essential criteria for the position:
- must be actively involved in a local Protestant Christian church and be able to demonstrate an exemplary Christian lifestyle;
- must hold a Certificate IV in Education Support for the Relief Special Needs Education Assistant role;
- must hold a TRBWA registration for the Relief Teaching role;
- must hold or obtain a Working with Children Check; and
- must hold or obtain a Department of Education Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check that is no more than three months old.
How to Apply
For more information on the positions, please read through the position descriptions on our website.
Steps to apply:
- head to our website and complete the Teaching Staff Application Form for a Relief Teaching position or Non-Teaching Staff Application Form for a Relief Special Needs Education Assistant position;
- include your comprehensive resume;
- include a letter of reference from your church pastor/minister; and
- provide a certified copy of your qualifications.
Miss Shané Conradie – Human Resources Officer
Rehoboth Christian College
92 Kenwick Road, Kenwick WA 6107
Phone number: 08 9274 9910
The closing date is 10:00am on Tuesday 24 May 2022.
To apply for this job please visit rehoboth.wa.edu.au.