Regents Park Christian School, NSW
Learning Support Teacher (Primary – 0.8 or fulltime)
· Join a supportive team culture of passionate, Christian educators
· Our values are honour, stewardship and community
· Immediate start available
Regents Park Christian School is an innovative, growing learning community in the geographic heart of Sydney. A co-educational K-12 Christ-centred school, it has been in operation since 1976. The vision of the school is to support families in educating their children from a Christian perspective.
We are currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Learning Support Teacher to commence Term 4 or earlier if possible.
The Learning Support Teacher, Primary will:
In consultation with teachers, prepare individual education plans (IEPs) for students with disability and additional needs and monitor their effective implementation
Provide advice and support to teachers on matters related to specific disabilities and additional needs
Support teachers and monitor accuracy of NCCD reporting process
Plan and develop intervention programs for support staff to deliver
Oversee the implementation of specific learning support programs for students with disability and additional needs such as MiniLIT, MACQLIT and STAMS.
Support students individually and in groups
Liaise with parents of students with additional needs and disability
Work collaboratively to ensure inclusion, access and participation to maximise learning outcomes for students with disability and additional needs.
· NESA Teacher Accreditation and valid WWCC
· Ability to build rapport with students, teachers and parents and collaborate effectively
· Experience working with students with disability and additional needs
· A comprehensive understanding of the DDA, DSE, NCCD, and IEPs
· Commitment and passion for excellence in Christian education
· Effective time management, organisation and planning skills
· Specific qualification/s in learning support is desirable
The successful candidate will be a committed Christian, actively involved in their local church and be able to provide a written reference from their current Protestant Church minister.
If you would like further information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Liz Day on 9644 5144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Thursday, 4 August, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.