Website Portside Christian College
Equipping students for life
Portside Christian College, SA
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, diploma qualified Christian Early Childhood Educator to join our dedicated team in a casual position in 2021 with a view to ongoing.
The Early Childhood Educator is directly responsible to the Director of the Early Learning Centre.
This position is classified at Level 4– Preschool/childcare services (Grade 3A) in accordance with the Educational Services (Schools) General Staff Award 2010 available on the Fair Work Commission website at https://www.fwc.gov.au
At Portside Christian College, we deliver:
• Child Focused Environment & Play-based Curriculum
• Professional, rewarding and supportive environment
• Outstanding opportunities for professional development and career progression for the right candidates
If you are passionate about working within a Christian environment, enjoy a challenge, and want to work alongside other professionals dedicated to quality outcomes then please apply.
• To provide a quality early childhood program from a biblical perspective which meets the needs of the children attending Portside Christian College Early Learning Centre and in line with the requirements of the National Quality Standards (NQS), the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012.
• To work co-operatively with staff, families and allied professionals to provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for children attending the service.
• To collaboratively plan, implement and evaluate an educational program that supports a holistic approach to the care and development of children ages 3 to 5.
• To engage in collaborative learning teams exploring and implementing the Reggio inspired approach to learning and nature pedagogy.
Desired skills and attributes of the successful candidate include:
The following interpersonal skills are required to be demonstrated:
• Strong Christian belief and personal faith statement.
• Excellent public relations skills to maintain a strong partnership focus and positive relationships between the College community.
• Able to work cooperatively as a team member in the Centre and across the College community.
• Demonstrated ability to be innovative within the programs.
• Demonstrated ability to be enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Ability to demonstrate integrity, responsibility, respect and innovation in all aspects of the position.
The following management skills are required to be demonstrated:
• Effective time management skills and ability to coordinate responsibilities to enable smooth and efficient running of the program.
• Able to supervise and delegate duties to colleagues, students and volunteers.
• Implement human resources policies and practices.
The following qualifications and experience are required for the position:
• Minimum two-year qualification (Diploma of Children Services).
• Current Senior First Aid Certificate (including Anaphylaxis and Asthma training) HTLAID004.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working in early childhood services.
• Working knowledge of the regulations, standards, frameworks and codes.
• Have a current Working With Children Check.
• Training undertaken in responding to abuse and neglect.
Applicants should address the following in their applications:
• Demonstrated ability to design an emergent play-based curriculum with a focus on language development, foundational literacy and numeracy, thinking and problem-solving as well as social and emotional development to enhance student learning.
• Demonstrated understanding of assessment and pedagogical documentation.
• Focus on creating a supportive, inclusive learning environment.
• Ability to develop healthy relationships of mutual respect with students, parents and colleagues.
• Ability to embrace ethical reflective teaching practice, nature pedagogy and Reggio principles.
• Demonstrated understanding and ability to teach from a Christian worldview.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework (NQF), regulations and standards.
• Highly developed communication skills, including effective communication with parents and support professionals.
• Ability to contribute positively to a Professional Learning Team.
The qualifications, skills and experience outlined in this position description are ideals to which the occupant will aspire. Unless specifically stated, they are not absolutely essential.
Applications are to include the following:
- Cover letter, maximum 1 page
- Curriculum Vitae outlining details of qualifications and areas of study, educational history, previous employment and relevant personal information
- Completion of the Portside Christian College Application for Employment – Non-Teaching available on our website at www.portside.sa.edu.au under the Employment heading
- Written response to the above selection criteria, maximum 1500 words
Applications are to be received by 9am on Monday, 26 April, 2021
Applications should be addressed to:
Mrs Belinda Elsegood, Human Resources
Portside Christian College
PO Box 6188, West Lakes Shore SA 5020
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.