Website Portside Christian College
Equipping students for life
Portside Christian College, SA
We are seeking Middle School Mathematics / Technologies Teacher(s) who have demonstrated experience in teaching students at Years 7-9, and preferably up to Year 11. Full-time or part-time, contract or permanent positions are available.
These positions will be directly responsible to the College Principal through the Deputy Principal of Secondary and the Director of Teacher and Learning.
At Portside Christian College, we deliver:
- Teaching and Learning programs developed using the Understanding By Design curriculum framework from a Biblical perspective
- A professional, rewarding and supportive environment
- Outstanding opportunities for professional development and career progression
If you are committed to high quality teaching and learning, enjoy a challenge, and want to work alongside other professionals dedicated to quality outcomes for learners, then please apply.
Required skills and attributes of the successful candidate include:
- South Australian Teacher Registration, or be eligible to obtain registration
- Demonstrated ability to teach Mathematics and/or Technology subjects (3D Printing and Woodwork)
- Demonstrated effective pedagogical practice in the key learning areas
- Ability to work effectively as part of a Teaching and Learning Team
- Development of collaborative relationships with students, staff and parents
- Ability to create an engaged, respectful and collaborative classroom culture
- Ability to actively contribute to the Christian life of the College community
- Ability to manage the demands of the position including administration and professional responsibilities
- Proficiency in digital Technologies
Desired skills and attributes of the successful candidate include:
- Ability to teach Mathematics and/or Technology subjects up to Year 11
- Experience with robotics and programming
- Ability to teach Science at a Middle School level
- A proven understanding of Australian curriculum including differentiated approaches to learning, particularly in the middle years
- Demonstrated pedagogical approaches to engage learners in Mathematics and Technologies
- Ability to use data to inform teaching for improved student learning
- Well-developed classroom management and communication skills that foster restorative approaches
- Understanding and ability to teach from a Christian worldview
Applications are to include the following:
- Cover letter, maximum 1 page.
- Curriculum Vitae outlining details of qualifications and areas of study, educational history, previous employment and relevant personal information.
- Completion of the Portside Christian College Application for Employment – Teacher available on our website.
- Written response to the above selection criteria, maximum 1500 words.
Applications are to be received by Monday 1 March 2021 at 9am.
Applications should be addressed to:
Mrs Belinda Elsegood, Human Resources, Portside Christian College
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.