It is an exciting time to join the Portside Christian College’s Early Learning Centre educational team. We are moving into a season of development and expansion to build upon the solid foundation of the excellence of previous years.
We are seeking Early Childhood Educators who wish to belong and contribute to a warm and vibrant team that values relationship, innovation and excellence in nurturing children’s development. We are building a community that supports our families and provides safety and care for each unique child.
If you are passionate about working within a Christian environment, investing and serving in our community, and want to work alongside other professionals dedicated to quality outcomes then please apply.
We are looking for contracted and casual positions for Christian educators with a Certificate III or Diploma of Early Childhood qualification as we expand our Centre in 2024.
• To provide a quality early childhood program from a biblical perspective which mobilises learning of every child attending Portside Christian College Early Learning Centre and in line with the requirements of the National Quality Standards (NQS), the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and Education and Care Services National Regulations 2012
• To work collaboratively with staff, families and allied professionals to provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for children attending our ELC
• To plan, implement and evaluate an emergent educational program that supports a holistic approach to the care and development of children ages 3 to 5
• To engage in reflective learning teams exploring and implementing the Reggio inspired approach to learning and nature pedagogy
Desired skills and attributes of the successful candidate include:
The following interpersonal skills are required to be demonstrated:
• Strong Christian belief and personal faith statement
• Excellent public relations skills to maintain a strong partnership focus and positive relationships between the College community
• Able to work cooperatively as a team member in the Centre and across the College community
• Demonstrated ability to be innovative within the programs
• Demonstrated ability to be enthusiastic and self-motivated
• Ability to demonstrate integrity, responsibility, respect and innovation in all aspects of the position
The following management skills are required to be demonstrated:
• Effective time management skills and ability to coordinate responsibilities to enable smooth and efficient running of the program
• Able to effectively supervise and support children
• Adhere to human resources policies and practices
The following qualifications and experience are required for the position:
• Minimum qualification (Certificate III of Early Childhood Education and Care)
• Current First Aid Certificate (including Anaphylaxis and Asthma training) -Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting HLTAID012
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working in early childhood services
• Working knowledge of the regulations, standards, frameworks and codes
• Inclusion Support experience is desirable
• Have a current Working With Children Check
• Training undertaken in responding to abuse and neglect (RRHAN-EC)
Applicants should address the following in their applications:
• Demonstrated ability to design an emergent play-based curriculum from a biblical perspective with a focus on social and emotional development, language development, thinking and problem-solving skills and foundational literacy and numeracy to enhance student learning
• Demonstrated understanding of assessment and pedagogical documentation
• Focus on creating a supportive, inclusive learning environment
• Ability to develop healthy relationships of mutual respect with children, families and colleagues
• Ability to embrace ethical reflective teaching practice, nature pedagogy and Reggio principles
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework (NQF), regulations and standards
• Highly effective and developed communication skills
• Ability to contribute positively to a Professional Learning Team
The qualifications, skills and experience outlined in this position description are ideals to which the applicant will aspire.
Applications are to include the following:
• Cover letter, maximum 1 page
• Curriculum Vitae outlining details of qualifications and areas of study, educational history, previous employment and relevant personal information
• Completion of the Portside Christian College Application for Employment – Non-Teaching available on our website at www.portside.sa.edu.au under the Explore – Careers heading
• A brief written response to the above selection criteria (maximum of 500 words)
• Applications are to be received by 9am on Monday, 19th February 2024.
Applications should be addressed to:
Mrs Belinda Elsegood
Portside Christian College
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.