We are seeking a dynamic Middle School Teacher to join our innovative and collaborative middle school teaching team. The teaching load will include Science, Technologies or English, or a combination of these. At Portside Christian College we believe that every child is worthy of our best every day.
Our middle years program encourages students to develop their unique skills, talents and abilities through relevant and engaging curriculum. This is a full-time contract position, with the option of immediate commencement, or alternatively the start of Semester 2, with the possibility of permanency in 2023. The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in teaching students at Years 7-9. This position will be directly responsible to the College Principal through the Deputy Principal of Secondary and the Director of Teacher and Learning.
At Portside Christian College, we deliver:
· Teaching and Learning programs developed using the Understanding by Design curriculum framework from a Biblical perspective
· A professional, rewarding and supportive environment
· Outstanding opportunities for professional development and career progression
If you are committed to high quality teaching and learning, enjoy a challenge, and want to work alongside other professionals dedicated to quality outcomes for learners, then please apply.
Required skills and attributes of the successful candidate include:
· South Australian Teacher Registration, or be eligible to obtain registration
· Demonstrated ability to teach Science and/or Technologies and/or English in the Middle School
· Demonstrated effective pedagogical practice in the key learning areas
· Ability to work effectively as part of a Teaching and Learning Team
· Development of collaborative relationships with students, staff and parents
· Ability to create an engaged, respectful and collaborative classroom culture
· Ability to actively contribute to the Christian life of the College community
· Ability to manage the demands of the position including administration and professional responsibilities
· Proficiency in Digital Technologies
1. A proven understanding of Australian curriculum including differentiated approaches to learning in the middle years
2. Demonstrated pedagogical approaches to engage learners in Science, Technologies and/or English
3. Ability to use data to inform teaching for improved student learning
4. Well-developed classroom management and communication skills that foster restorative approaches
5. Understanding and ability to teach from a Christian worldview
Applications are to include the following:
· Cover letter, maximum 1 page.
· Curriculum Vitae outlining details of qualifications and areas of study, educational history, previous employment and relevant personal information.
· Completion of the Portside Christian College Application for Employment – Teacher available on our website.
· Written response to the above selection criteria, maximum 1500 words.
· Proof of COVID vaccination will be required at interview stage.
Applications are to be received by Friday 27 May 2022 at 9am.
Applications should be addressed to:
Mrs Belinda Elsegood, Human Resources, Portside Christian College
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.