Website Portside Christian College
Equipping students for life
Portside Christian College, SA
We are seeking a passionate and relational part-time Primary Physical Education Teacher commencing Term 3, 2021 to mid-Term 1 2022 (11 March, 2022) in a maternity leave replacement role.
At Portside Christian College, we deliver:
· Teaching and Learning programs developed using the Understanding by Design curriculum framework from a biblical perspective.
· Professional, rewarding and supportive teaching environment.
· Outstanding opportunities for professional development and career progression.
If you are committed to high quality teaching and learning, enjoy a challenge, and want to work alongside other professionals dedicated to quality outcomes for learners, then please apply.
Desired skills and attributes of the successful candidate include:
· South Australian Teacher Registration, or be eligible to obtain registration.
· Qualification to teach at Primary school level with previous teaching experience highly desirable.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a Teaching and Learning Team.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with students, staff and parents.
· Proficiency in Digital Technology.
· Demonstrated effective pedagogical practice in a primary setting.
· Demonstrated ability to create and engage in a respectful and collaborative classroom culture.
· Able to manage the demands of the position including administration and professional responsibilities.
· Ability to actively contribute to the Christian life of the College community.
1. A proven understanding of Primary curriculum including differentiated approaches to learning.
2. Demonstrated teaching practice that develops assessment capable learners.
3. Demonstrated pedagogical approaches to engage learners.
4. Ability to use data to inform teaching for improved student learning.
5. Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with parents, students and staff.
6. Well-developed classroom management and communication skills that foster restorative approaches.
7. Understanding of and ability to teach from a Christian worldview.
Applications are to include the following:
· Cover letter, maximum 1 page.
· Curriculum Vitae outlining details of qualifications and areas of study, educational history, previous employment and relevant personal information.
· Completion of the Portside Christian College Application for Employment – Teacher available on our website at www.portside.sa.edu.au under the Employment heading.
· Written response to the above selection criteria, maximum 1500 words.
Applications are to be received by Tuesday, 15 June, 2021 at 9am. Please address to:
Belinda Elsegood, Human Resources, Portside Christian College
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.