Plenty Valley Christian College
Plenty Valley Christian College, VIC
REPORTING TO: Business Manager
APPOINTMENT: Part time, 4 days per week
CLASSIFICATION: PVCC Enterprise Agreement 2020
About the college
Plenty Valley Christian College is a Kinder to Year 12, coeducational Christian College of approximately 820 students. We are one College with four sub-schools, Kindergarten, Primary Years, Middle Years and Senior Years.
The College is set in a beautiful rural area with spectacular views to the ranges. Plenty Valley is committed to developing high quality effective Christian education and is an active member of a national network of Christian schools in Australia known as Christian Education National. We are committed to the establishment of a close partnership with parents in the education of their children. Our aim is to offer quality education with a fully integrated Christian worldview, develop a strong sense of community amongst the students, parents and staff with every staff member playing a role in the pastoral care of the students. PVCC offers the respected Arrowsmith Program.
The Person (Key Selection Criteria)
Staff at Plenty Valley are selected on the basis of outstanding professional and personal qualities. Expectations include:
· a commitment to a relationship of faith and obedience to God that is lived out in both personal and communal aspects of life. This would be evidenced by a clear understanding and acceptance of the deity and redemptive work of Christ for them personally, ongoing commitment to living out a Christian lifestyle as described in the College statement of faith, commitment to private and corporate worship, prayer and Bible study and regular involvement with a Christian church community or fellowship group.
· the ability to model the values and character qualities of biblical Christianity within the school community
· a demonstration of high standards of personal presentation, organisation, communication with other staff and parents, and in respecting the ethos and protocols of the College
· a clear sense of calling and desire to work within a Christian Environment
· demonstrated customer focus attributes, including the ability to respond promptly and courteously to a diverse range of service needs in a courteous manner
· strong ability to manage time and prioritise tasks to achieve set outcomes.
· demonstrated knowledge of computer skills, including basic Windows, Microsoft Office, internet and email
· advanced capability in the operation and use of office equipment
· compliance with the College’s Child Safe Policies and Staff Code of Conduct (available on the College website)
· current working with children check is mandatory.
To provide a high standard of service at Plenty Valley Christian College in accordance with College policies and procedures. The position entails all facets of secretarial, administrative, project-based work and practical support for the Business Manager who is a member of the executive team of the College.
The Executive Assistant upholds the highest level of integrity and trust. They represent the College and the executive team with self-confidence and discernment and embody dignity and formality.
Key Responsibility Areas
The Executive Assistant has direct responsibility to the Business Manager for the oversight and management of relevant technical operations and service interactions as an executive assistant related to their departments.
Duties and Responsibility
· proactively working in the closest of associations with the Business Manager, coordinating their diary, daily routines and all facets of the organisation of the Business Office.
· managing workflow and support activities for the Business Manager.
· managing and actioning incoming and outgoing correspondence of the Business Manager, taking minutes in applicable meetings, collating and preparing reports, making bookings, filing and keeping a managed system for files and notes that can be accessed effectively and efficiently.
· managing and actioning various projects as delegated by the Business Manager.
· act as an efficient and effective conduit between the Business Manager the Principal and the Deputy Principal and the Principal’s Assistant, the staff and parents.
· exhibiting the highest level of judgement to ensure disruptions to the executive team schedules are minimised, whilst meeting the need to maintain their visibility. This includes foreseeing the impact of future activities, anticipating work demands and proactively engaging themselves in the Business Manager’s schedule and task list.
· developing effective working relationships within the College and with external parties.
· managing the development of positive relations within the College community and externally.
· reviewing and assessing policies, procedures and work practices, as related to the Business Manager‘s areas of responsibility, to identify opportunities for improvement in effectiveness and efficiency across all areas of the College
· implementation of continuous improvement initiatives within the scope of the Executive Assistant’s areas of accountability
· ensuring appropriate and efficient use of software including the Microsoft Office suite, student, parent and staff databases, task list programs and file management as determined by the executive from time to time
· undertaking other appropriate assignments as required by the Business Manager.
· operating within the administration team in supporting their overall mission
· preparing agendas, action items and acting as minute secretary at required school meetings that fall under the responsibility of the Business Manager, including confidential meetings that may occur from time to time
· assisting with the preparation of reports; including but not limited to compiling and editing documents and presentations
· assisting the Principal’s Assistant with the preparation of human resource related documents, job postings, collating resumes, recording information and the like
· assisting with events that are hosted by one or more of the Executive or the College as required in conjunction with the Executive and Community Relations team
· reception to the business office and general office administration
· act as backup for first aid
· assisting other staff as directed by the Business Manager from time to time, such as the Administration Manager, Registrar, Finance Manager and as operational needs arise such as offering practical support on particular events or projects
· working in conjunction with the Principal’s Assistant on relevant tasks that require input from the Business Manager.
It should be noted that this position description, although detailed, is not exhaustive and the Principal and or Executive may, at their discretion, vary the responsibilities of the Executive Assistant as operational situations, consistent with this position, change.
Accountability and Extent of Authority
The Executive Assistant at PVCC is accountable for:
· providing courteous and accurate information to parents, students, staff, prospective parents, suppliers and visitors to the College
· promoting the College to external visitors
· carrying out personal assistant tasks in a friendly and accurate manner
· maintaining absolute confidentiality and integrity at all times.
Skills and Knowledge
Demonstrated Specialist Skills and Knowledge
· previous experience at similar organisations
· strong interpersonal skills
· spread sheet / database and Microsoft Office software competence
· strong written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of accuracy
· solutions orientated and the ability to work autonomously and proactively, taking initiative, while maintaining a high level of integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy
· excellent people, communication and leadership skills with dynamic work habits
· ability to manage time and planning and to organise own work and that of others to achieve set and specific objectives in an efficient way and within resources available
· relate well with students and parents
· trustworthy and maintain confidentiality
· interact with people on all levels and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Qualifications and Experience
· VCE or equivalent qualifications supported by the completion of relevant industry-based training or experience
· relevant qualifications supported by the completion of relevant industry-based training or experience
· exposure to a similar environment highly desirable
· current Working With Children Check
· Outstanding organisational skills, planning, analytical and high-order thinking capabilities
· A flexible approach to work and being adept at prioritizing, operating under pressure and managing multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
· The highest level of loyalty and discretion, and the capacity to maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality
· Personal sense of initiative, enthusiasm and high energy
· Outstanding attention to detail, commitment to customer service and ongoing improvement
· A resourceful team member who is able to operate in a collaborative and inclusive manner
All staff are required to comply with all policies, procedures, and requirements for:
Risk management – report identified hazards that may pose a risk to employees or the public, and/or may give rise to an insurance claim, taking into consideration the risk for safety, security, vandalism, burglary/theft and fire/arson.
Occupational health and safety – take reasonable care to protect their own health and safety and the health and safety of others in the workplace – it is a requirement to immediately report any incidents, hazards or near misses to the relevant supervisor and actively participate in hazard elimination where required.
Equal opportunity – undertake work and activities in a manner that ensures the workplace is free from harassment, bullying behaviour and discrimination.
Code of conduct and dress code – comply with all standards.
The terms, conditions and other obligations of your employment are covered under the Plenty Valley Christian College Enterprise Agreement 2020.
To Apply for this position:
Applications should be emailed using the correct form “Employment Application Form“
located on the College’s website Work With Us – Plenty Valley Christian College – Private Christian School Melbourne (pvcc.vic.edu.au) to email@example.com , or by post to: Personal Assistant, Plenty Valley Christian College, 840 Yan Yean Rd, DOREEN 3754 no later than 5.00 pm Monday 25 October, 2021.
Applications will not be considered without the following three items completed.
1. Cover letter outlining your suitability for this position addressed to the Principal.
2. Completed Employment Application Form (from the PVCC website).
3. Current CV.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.