Plenty Valley Christian College
Plenty Valley Christian College, VIC
REPORTING TO: Head of Learning Support
APPOINTMENT: Part time, fixed term contract for immediate start to finish 14 December with a possibility of ongoing
CLASSIFICATION: PVCC Enterprise Agreement 2020
About the college
Plenty Valley Christian College (PVCC) is a K-12, coeducational Christian college of approximately 820 students. We are one College with four sub-schools, Early Years, Junior Years, Middle Years and Senior Years.
The college is located in a magnificent semi-rural setting. We are a member of Christian Education National (CEN) and as such are committed to the establishment of a close partnership with parents in the Christian education of their children. PVCC students learn within a Christian framework and we endeavour to develop a strong sense of community amongst the students, parents and staff. Every staff member plays a role in the pastoral care of the students. We use the well-respected Arrowsmith Program.
The person (key selection criteria)
Staff at Plenty Valley Christian College are selected based on outstanding professional and personal qualities. Expectations include:
· A commitment to a relationship of faith and obedience to God, lived out both in personal and communal aspects of life – this would be evidenced by a clear understanding and acceptance of the redemptive work of Christ, a commitment to private and corporate prayer and Bible study, and regular involvement with a Christian church, community or fellowship group.
· The ability to model the values and character qualities of biblical Christianity within the school community.
· A demonstration of high standards of personal presentation, organisation, communication with other staff and parents, and in respecting the ethos and protocols of the college.
· A commitment to developing and maintaining a child safe culture in the college.
· A clear sense of calling and desire to work within a Christian environment.
· Demonstrated customer focus attributes, including the ability to respond promptly and courteously to a diverse range of service needs in a courteous manner.
· Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks to achieve set outcomes.
· Demonstrated knowledge of computer skills, including basic Windows, Microsoft Office, internet and email.
· Ability to provide basic information to a culturally diverse public.
· Advanced capability in the operation and use of office equipment.
· A current working with children check is mandatory.
Reporting to the Head of Learning Support
Suitable qualifications in the field of educational support with a minimum standard of Certificate III is preferred, Working with Children Check and Police Clearance.
The Education Assistant may work independently with small groups of students, or on a one-to-one basis, on literacy and numeracy tasks across the range of year levels, as well as assisting the classroom teacher as required.
Highly desired qualities
• Educational Assistant experience.
• Strong literacy and numeracy knowledge.
• A motivator and team builder.
• Highly organised.
• IT skills.
• Creative and engaging.
• Participation in professional development groups and programs.
Essential (short written response)
• To have a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ.
• To work as a member of a team.
• To communicate effectively with students.
• To be competent in the use of computers.
• To be committed to the establishment and maintenance of quality relationships with staff, students, parents and the wider community.
The terms, conditions and other obligations of your employment are covered under the Plenty Valley Christian College Enterprise Agreement 2020.
To Apply for this position:
Applications should be emailed using the correct form “Employment Application Form“
located on the College’s website Work With Us – Plenty Valley Christian College – Private Christian School Melbourne (pvcc.vic.edu.au) to email@example.com , or by post to: Personal Assistant, Plenty Valley Christian College, 840 Yan Yean Rd, DOREEN 3754 no later than 5.00 pm Monday 18 October, 2021.
Applications will not be considered without the following three items completed.
1. Cover letter outlining your suitability for this position addressed to the Principal.
2. Completed Employment Application Form (from the PVCC website).
3. Current CV.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.