Website Penrith Christian School
Penrith Christian School, NSW
Penrith Christian School is a well-established and vibrant Christian community, providing an exciting and innovative learning environment for over 800 students from our Early Learning Centre through to Year 12 in Orchard Hills, at the foot of the Blue Mountains.
As our motto suggests, we Strive for the Highest in everything we do and represent. At PCS, we value each student as being created by God with a unique purpose and plan for them as we deliver Christ centred and rich learning experiences, enabling each one to live significant and abundant lives. We focus on a whole school approach that sees consistency in our learning framework, pastoral care and wellbeing approach and drive for academic and personal excellence.
About the Position
Due to one of our valued staff members having a change in career, we are seeking a suitably qualified and passionate person who will be part of the Senior Leadership Team. The successful candidate will be a committed Christian, actively involved in their local church. The person will be responsible for elevating student success and improving the quality learning and teaching practices across the school that support the school’s strategic plan, vision, mission and faith-centred environment.
This position has responsibility for the school’s vision of building a Christian learning environment with a standard of excellence that places a strong emphasis on the implementation of evidence-based best practice, pedagogy methods, learning and curriculum underpinned by a Christian Biblical worldview.
The Head of Learning and Teaching will ensure the school meets its quality assurance obligations as defined by national and state curriculum bodies and will be responsible for ensuring the learning and teaching strategy is aligned with the overall strategic objectives of the school.
Along with NESA accreditation and a current Working with Children Check you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- recent experience in a leadership role
- evidence of capacity to lead and contribute in a team environment
- highly relational interpersonal skills with staff, students and parents
- the capacity to think through issues from a Christian perspective
- evidence of successful classroom practice, staff and student management skills
- knowledge of and experience in strategic planning and implementation and change management practices
- knowledge of a Deep Learning framework desirable
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- flexibility and organisational skills in self-management of time and working to direction
- excellent ICT skills across a range of platforms
A Position Description is available for interested applicants by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 3 June 2022
How to apply
Visit the PCS website pcs.nsw.edu.au/employment to complete the Employment Application form. Please email your application, COVID-19 proof of vaccination and certified supporting documents to email@example.com. Only applicants who complete the Employment Application form will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.