Website Penrith Christian School
Penrith Christian School, NSW
Full time (over 4 days) maternity leave role with possibility of permanency due to the growth of our centre.
Penrith Christian School is a well-established and vibrant Christian community, providing an exciting and innovative learning environment for over 800 students from our Early Learning Centre through to Year 12 in Orchard Hills, at the foot of the Blue Mountains.
Our Early Learning Centre Is registered for 70 students per day and operates from 6.30am to 6.00pm 48 weeks of the year. We have an excellent reputation in our community for providing high quality Inclusive education and care, and our centre offers a high staff-to-child ratio.
As our motto suggests, we Strive for the Highest in everything we do and represent. At PCS, we value each student as being created by God with a unique purpose and plan for them as we deliver Christ centred and rich learning experiences, enabling each one to live significant and abundant lives. We focus on a whole school approach that sees consistency in our learning framework, pastoral care and wellbeing approach and drive for academic and personal excellence.
About the Position
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Educator for this full time maternity leave role to join our dedicated Early Learning team. As part of a cohesive team, you will be jointly responsible for observation, planning, implementation and evaluation of the program, as well as parent and community liaison. You will play an integral role working within the classrooms alongside the educating team and led by the Early Learning Teacher, displaying a passion for the importance of play in a child’s development. Due to the growth of our centre, there may be the opportunity for this role to become permanent.
- Salary significantly above the Early Childhood Award ($70,000 pa approx gross)
- Access to copious resources and facilities as part of a Toddler to Year 12 school and Imagine Nations Church community
- Excellent teaching technologies
- Experienced team of educational professionals
- Opportunity to attend in-house and external training and PD courses
- Dedicated programming (RFF) time every week
- Staff uniform
The successful candidate will be a dynamic Educator who is a committed Christian, actively involved in their local church. You will need the following essential qualifications and skills:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or Certificate III currently enrolled In Diploma course)
- Current Working With Children Check approval number
- Current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis, as well as Child Protection qualifications
- An active Christian faith and current church involvement
- A person of integrity with the ability to act as a positive role model and example of Christ’s love to children, families and colleagues
- Understanding of both the National Quality Framework and The Early Years Learning Framework
- Collaborative, innovative and effective Educator practices
- Excellent personal presentation
- A demonstrated capacity to work as a team member with other Educators and Early Childhood teachers responsible for the room
- Highly motivated, reliable and a flexible attitude
- Strong time management skills
Applications close 4.00pm Tuesday 31 May 2022
Only applicants who complete the official Employment Application form will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.