An opportunity for an Assistant Principal to join us in NT
NT Christian Schools, NT
All people who work for NT Christian Schools are expected to have a clear understanding of, and unqualified commitment to the biblical basis, ‘What We Believe’, and to act both in the work place and in other contexts in ways that are consistent with that basis. For more information on Palmerston Christian College
The central role of the Assistant Principal is to assist the Palmerston Christian College Principal to facilitate the effective operation of the college for all students and staff in accordance with the strategic plan of Palmerston Christian College and under the direction of the Principal.
The Assistant Principal must champion the implementation of a quality Christian educational program and assist the Principal and leadership team to achieve organisational goals and policies by managing activities and projects cost effectively and in accordance with the biblical principles of NT Christian Schools.
Some of the key areas of responsibility include:
- Strengthen the culture of professional growth at Palmerston Christian College, where God is glorified and people matter.
- Articulate the school’s vision and direction for teaching and learning.
- Assist the Principal in supporting the monitoring and evaluation of teaching and learning across the school;
- Facilitate and contribute to staff meetings and Professional Learning Community meetings (PLC’s) when required;
- Support classroom teachers in behavioural management and student well-being, and advise Principal of concerns;
- Responsible for addressing and resolving behaviour incidents which are in the schools behaviour management protocol and classified as major behaviour.
- Develop and regularly review community, culture and student well-being approaches with teachers, staff and PCC greater leadership team;
- Deputies for the Principal in his/her absence;
- Support the Principal in delegating college events amongst staff.
- Demonstrate an active Christian commitment
- Ability to reflect the Christian faith underpinning the College
- Have appropriate teacher registration with NT
- Special operations experience or qualification that support high level operations knowledge.
- Strong decision making and diplomatic skills
- Experience in working in a leadership role – with the ability to inspire College staff and students in meaningful ways
- High level analytical and problem resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and capacity to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- High proficiency with Microsoft Programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of data bases/management systems
- An opportunity to work in a Christian values-based organisation that truly cares about and values its employees
- An opportunity to develop into areas of leadership or eligibility for deployment to one of our other schools.
- Above awards and NES entitlements
- Salary Sacrifice
- Counselling cost share program
- Opportunity to study Masters in Christian Education through NICE (National Institute for Christian Education) and VET Training with Transforming Training
- Professional Development – Annual OTT Conference
- An opportunity to explore and discover the NT
For more information about this position please contact Human Resources on (08) 8920 4355.
Only applicants with full Australian work rights will be considered.
Position commences as negotiated.
Applications are considered on receipt.
Please download the employment application form and Statement of Faith from our jobs page (https://jobs.ntchristianschools.com.au/index.cfm), address the key areas of responsibilities as set out in the job description and include it with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: All employees at NT Christian Schools are required to hold a Working with Children Card (OCHRE Card), a police clearance valid within the last 12 months and a Drivers Licence.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ntchristianschools.com.au.