Website Nowra Christian School
A Christian K-12 learning community on the NSW South Coast
Nowra Christian School (NSW) is a growing Christian K-12 learning community of approximately 460 students, situated on the beautiful NSW South Coast. For over 40 years, we have continued to offer an excellent Christian schooling experience for those who live in the Shoalhaven region.
We are currently inviting applications from committed Christians of evangelical persuasion who are active in their local church, to join our Secondary Department as a part-time Science Teacher.
- Part-time position (0.6 FTE) commencing January 2022
- Be part of a highly professional and dynamic Secondary team
The successful applicant will:
- have experience in teaching Science subjects to Stages 4 – 6 and demonstrate a willingness to teach across other KLAs if required
- have a working understanding of teaching from a Biblical worldview
- demonstrate a passion for teaching Science and a deep knowledge of the syllabus content
- demonstrate an innovative approach to teaching and learning
- demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of classroom differentiation
- demonstrate innovative use of ICT in teaching and learning
- be proficient in writing teaching programs
- have an understanding of best-practice approaches in student assessment
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Experience teaching Stage 6 Chemistry would be an advantage
- Appropriate teaching qualifications in teaching Stage 4-6 Science and accredited with NESA
- a proven track record in delivering HSC subjects and an understanding of what the compressed HSC method requires
- Reference from current church minister
- Completion of the school’s application form
- Current NSW Working With Children Check approval number
- NSW Teacher Accreditation number
- Current first aid certificate
- Current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate or relevant medical contraindication certificate
Applications close 5pm Monday 29 November 2021
How to apply:
Please visit www.ncs.nsw.edu.au/jobs to download the relevant application pack and complete the online application form. Any enquiries should be directed to Gail Bate on 02 4422 1199.
Only applicants who complete the official school application form will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.ncs.nsw.edu.au.