Website Norwest Christian College
Building Purposeful Lives
Commencing in July 2021 (Degree required)
Norwest Christian College (NSW) is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, serving others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff, actualised through bespoke learning programs for teachers. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and look for opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector and other organisations to grow and share influence. We also seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours.
The College is seeking to appoint an energetic and gifted full-time Early Childhood Teacher to join our team of committed and passionate professionals for a maternity leave contract. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- a strong understanding of and commitment to Christian education and the Christian development of children;
- completed Degree in Early Childhood Education and Care;
- able to lead and support a team of Educators through the planning cycle and documentation of children’s learning;
- a strong rapport with, empathy with, and understanding of young children;
- a comprehensive understanding of the ‘Early Years Learning Framework’
- minimum 2 years’ experience working in a Child Care Centre;
- a willingness to support and help develop College culture and build the College community;
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- a collaborative approach and the capacity to be an active team member;
- a comprehensive understanding of the needs and differences of children; and
- the capacity to develop programmes that differentiate learning opportunities for children.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter.
Applications close Friday, 23 April 2021.
To Apply: If you are viewing this job advertisement on a site other than the College’s website and would like to apply, please visit http://careers.norwest.nsw.edu.au/ and follow the prompts to the job advertisement. At the bottom of the advertisement click on Apply, this will take you through an online application process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.