Website Marrara Christian College
Christian Teachers 2022
Marrara Christian College (NT) is a day and boarding college set in the northern suburbs of Darwin, NT, offering a comprehensive Early Years to Year 12 education from a distinctly Christian perspective. Marrara Christian College is a learning community where parents and staff partner together. For more information on our School, please visit our campus website.
We are looking for a Pathways Coordinator with the ability to embed their Christian faith into all aspects of their work. The successful applicant will be committed to seeing Christian education make a real difference in the lives of their students.
About the role The central role of the Pathways Coordinator involves the development of a Pathways program that allows students to explore career pathways and achieve VET Certificates whilst completing their NTCET. This role involves a number of tasks but at the heart of the job is a desire to see young people grow in confidence and to learn new skills that value add to their lives beyond school. God has called us all for a purpose and it is the vision of the Pathways team that, as students move through their senior years of Schooling, they will begin the journey that He has designed for them. We desire to have a ‘Whole Person’ approach to encourage the students to see themselves as the young men and women of God that they are.
Some of the key areas of responsibility include:
- Ability to help mediate discussions between parents and students to ensure that the best possible outcome is available for the student. This may involve suggesting pathways or educating parents on the benefits of pathways.
- Helping teachers to be aware of extra pressures on students who are also completing VET.
- Encouraging clear communication between teachers and students to ensure a smoother journey for all involved.
- Mentor School Based Apprentices
- Liaise with various Group Training Organisations to help place students in viable work placements and traineeship opportunities.
- Discuss pathways and options with year 10 students to help them understand the process.
- Participate in the Subject Selection evening and arrange one on one interviews.
- Provide students and parents with the necessary information for university applications through an after school information evening. Be available for interviews with students to help them understand and move through the process.
- Certificate IV in Career Development
- Leadership Capacity
- Excellent interpersonal Skills
- Capacity to be a constructive member of a cohesive team
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to reflect the Christian faith underpinning the school
- Strong language skills (spelling and writing)
- Strong keyboard skills and thorough computer literacy
- Working knowledge of data bases
- Current Senior First Aid certificate
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
- Current Northern Territory driver’s licence
- NT Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)
- An opportunity to work in a Christian values-based organisation that truly cares about and values its employees
- An opportunity to develop into areas of leadership or eligibility for deployment to one of our other schools.
- Above awards and NES entitlements
- Salary Sacrifice
- Counselling cost share program
- Opportunity to study Masters in Christian Education through NICE (National Institute for Christian Education) and VET Training with Transforming Training
- Professional Development – Annual OTT Conference
- An opportunity to explore and discover the NT
PLEASE NOTE: All employees at NT Christian Schools are required to hold a Working with Children Card (OCHRE Card), a police clearance valid within the last 12 months and a Drivers Licence as well as a NT TRB (for teaching positions). All applicants will be required to provide a Pastoral referee.
For more information about this position please contact the Principal, Joel van Bentum, on (08) 8920 2000.
Only applicants with full Australian work rights will be considered. Position commences as negotiated. Applications are considered on receipt. Download the employment application form and Statement of Faith from our jobs page (https://jobs.ntchristianschools.com.au/index.cfm), address the key areas of responsibilities as set out in the job description and include it with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.