Website Marrara Christian College
Christian Teachers 2022
Marrara Christian College (NT) is looking for a full-time Counsellor/Welfare Coordinator will be responsible for working with the People and Culture coordinator and the Education support team to support students and families, upskill teaching and support staff and direct and focus the welfare team. They will be focused on the wellbeing of students particularly in the area of mental and emotional wellbeing.
About the role Key relationships in this position are with the people and culture coordinator. They will also work with the Education support team and the year coordinators. They will also support and be a point person for the other welfare team members, the chaplains and the defense mentors.
Some of the key areas of responsibility include:
- Developing referral procedures for students and families that need care
- Provide training for staff in student care and welfare to upskill and empower staff
- Develop and provide small group therapies for students.
- Work with Education Support staff in supporting students and ensure appropriate care is provided
- Understand and be up to date with the various community, psychological and counselling services to be able to appropriately refer students and families as required.
- Provide training for groups of parents in order to support and upskill them
This looks like:
- Working with People and Culture Coordinator to develop appropriate referral processes
- Providing small group interventions for students
- Upskilling welfare team (chaplains, Defense mentors) to provide appropriate care and interventions for students
- Develop and deliver training for families
- Working with Year Coordinator teams to upskill and support them.
- Work with students and families to support them into appropriate therapeutic pathways
- Have a degree in counselling, social work or psychology.
- Be committed to working out how a Christian Worldview impacts the role of counselling
- Have good understanding of the various stakeholders and support services that students and families can be connected into
- Be responsible for ensuring that appropriate records are kept.
- Have a working knowledge of legislation and NT Christian Schools policy and procedures with regards to the safeguarding of students.
- Any other duties as reasonable required by the Principal.
- An opportunity to work in a Christian values-based organisation that truly cares about and values it’s employees
- An opportunity to develop into areas of leadership or eligibility for deployment to one of our other schools.
- Above awards and NES entitlements
- Salary Sacrifice
- Counselling cost share program
- Opportunity to study Masters in Christian Education through NICE (National Institute for Christian Education) and VET Training with Transforming Training
- Professional Development – Annual OTT Conference
PLEASE NOTE: All employees at NT Christian Schools are required to hold a Working with Children Card (OCHRE Card), a police clearance valid within the last 12 months and a Drivers Licence. NT TRB (for teaching positions). All applicants will be required to provide a Pastoral referee.
For more information about this position please contact the Principal, Joel van Bentum, on (08) 8920 2000
Only applicants with full Australian work rights will be considered. Applications are considered on receipt. Download the employment application form and Statement of Faith from our jobs page (https://jobs.ntchristianschools.com.au/index.cfm), address the key areas of responsibilities as set out in the job description and include it with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ntchristianschools.com.au.