About Our School:
Maitland Christian School (NSW) is an established Prep to Year 12 Christian School located in the beautiful Hunter Valley. The School has been providing quality Christian education for over 35 years within a vibrant community that emphasises an individual’s strength as we aim for faith development, academic, sporting and cultural excellence.
The School is modern and well-equipped and employs qualified staff, who are committed Christians and are active members of their local church. Our sister School Arise Christian College was started in 2020 assisting children who face a significant barrier to learning. Maitland Christian School and Arise Christian College are great schools built with great staff. We value quality leaders and educators, and it is our vision to see students’ lives transformed through a Bible-based, excellence focused, strengths enriched and missionally outworked education.
Here is a message from our Principal on exactly that: https://www.maitlandcs.nsw.edu.au/our-vision/ Maitland Christian School’s Purpose is to be: “A Christian education community, growing faith, character and abilities, through teaching and learning excellence in partnership with families and the Church” The Core Values of Maitland Christian School are: Faith – We know, proclaim, walk in and share the promises of God’s word. Unity – We encourage each other and work together in love. Excellence – We pursue the highest possible good of each other. Generosity – We give ourselves and our resources out of a heart to serve. Growth – We develop our strengths to glorify God.
About the role:
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced Christian Learning Support Assistants/ Teachers Aides due to our Schools growth. These casual roles are for Maitland Christian School and our sister School Arise Christian College.
The anticipated outcome of these advertisements is that the successful applicant will be appointed to the staff of the school, commencing duties at the beginning of Term One 2021. Requests for further information, should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary will be in line with NSW General Staff Multi-Enterprise Agreement at the level of responsibility and experience of the successful applicant. Following the close of applications, the Selection Committee will consider applications and prepare a short list of candidates for interview.
- A committed christian actively involved in their local church.
- Special Education training and or experience as a Learning Assistant or Teachers Aide desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of the social and educational needs of students with Autism, Intellectual Disability, and other disorders that impact on learning.
- Ability to support the implementation of IEP’s.
- Knowledge of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and the Disability Standards for Education 2005.
- Experience working with students with Autism or a Mental Health Disorder.
- Applicants should be suitably qualified with a passion for quality Christian education whilst displaying a heart for young people to reach their God given potential.
- A missional focus that would blend with the strategic goals of Maitland Christian School and Arise Christian College.
- Exemplary pastoral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute to a strengths-based educational framework, presenting an integrated Christian worldview.
- Established ability to develop productive, stimulating, and inclusive learning environments.
- Passion, heart and capacity to make a difference in young people’s lives.
- Living out a strong bible based faith in line with the School’s foundational beliefs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.