Website Lighthouse Christian College - Keysborough
LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, VIC
Property Maintenance Officer
The mission of Lighthouse Christian College is ‘to assist Christian parents to teach and train their children in a Christian teaching and learning environment, so they will fulfil God’s plan for their lives, and bring this positive influence on our society’. Founded in 1989, the College has earned a reputation of being the Christian choice for excellence in education.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Property Maintenance Officer in either a full time role (38 hours per week) or part time role based at Lighthouse Christian College Campus in Keysborough.
Reporting directly to the Property & Services Manager, the Property Maintenance Officer will ensure the College grounds and facilities are kept to a high standard of quality and safety, as well as managing the logistics of events and projects.
Duties include: maintenance of grounds, facilities including repairs and equipment, management of logistics of events, site inspections and reporting, management of waste disposal, Work Health and Safety compliance and reporting. A full Position Description can be found here.
We are seeking a reliable and dedicated person who takes pride in their work. The ideal applicant will have 3 – 5 years plus experience in a similar role ideally within a Christian organisation or the Educational sector. This valuable position will suit someone who is looking for the opportunity to make a tangible contribution to an expanding and progressive Christian College. To be successful you must have a willingness to support the Christian ethos of Lighthouse Christian College together with:
· Trade qualification (highly regarded), with 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role or of a domestic nature (minimum)
· awareness of key local council, state and federal legal guidelines and requirements
· understanding and knowledge of: Occupational Health & Safety Act 2004, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations 2017, Vic Compliance Codes
· competent in property maintenance including building, grounds, and fittings/fixtures
· ability to work collaboratively with people and in teams
· actively involved in a local Christian Church
· current WWCC and valid Police Check (mandatory)
To apply, email your current resume and cover letter addressing the position description criteria in word or PDF format, along with a completed Lighthouse Staff Application Form, (available here) to Andrew Cavanagh at Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5:00 pm, Monday, 26 July 2021
We are a Child Safe employer, with a zero tolerance for child abuse.
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for all non-teaching staff.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.