Plenty Valley Christian College, Victoria
|PVCC Enterprise Agreement 2020|
About the college
Plenty Valley Christian College (PVCC) is a K-12, coeducational Christian college of approximately 820 students. The college is located in a magnificent semi-rural setting. We are a member of Christian Education National (CEN) and as such are committed to the establishment of a close partnership with parents in the Christian education of their children. PVCC students learn within a Christian framework and we endeavour to develop a strong sense of community amongst the students, parents and staff. Every staff member plays a role in the pastoral care of the students.
Our aim is to offer quality education with a fully integrated Christian worldview, develop a strong sense of community amongst the students, parents and staff with every staff member playing a role in the pastoral care of the students. We use the respected Arrowsmith Program.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated staff member to coordinate the college library and community hub. As the college’s library technician, you will perform a range of duties such as cataloguing library resources, maintaining library records, managing budgets and coordinating our community space.
- A clear sense of calling and desire to work with and teach students within a Christian school.
- A commitment to a relationship of faith and obedience to God that is lived out in both personal and communal aspects of life. This would be evidenced by a clear understanding and acceptance of the deity and redemptive work of Christ for them personally, commitment to private and corporate worship, prayer and Bible study and regular involvement with a Christian church community or fellowship group.
- The ability to model the values and character qualities of biblical Christianity in their personal life and within the college community as part of their professional duties.
- A demonstration of high standards of personal presentation, preparation, communication with other staff and parents, and respect for the ethos and protocols of the college.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, as a great part of your job will involve interacting with the college community including parents, students, and staff.
- The ideal candidate will also possess in-depth knowledge of library database systems, as well as excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A strong commitment to developing and maintaining a Child Safe culture within the college.
Management of library resources
- Shared responsibility for cataloging of new library resources, including digital
- Circulation of library
- Involvement in development of policies regarding circulation of library
- Circulation duties as required using the library
- Shared responsibility for maintaining the library circulation
- Shared involvement in covering and preparing items for
- Advising library resource committee and deputy principal at the end of each school year the resources to be replaced/added to in order to meet the needs in the following year.
- Ordering and accessioning of new resources as advised by the library resource committee.
In the absence of teacher/librarian supervise students:
- Before and after
- At recess and
- Supervision of students using the community hub for private study and task
- Provide one-on-one assistance/training for staff and students in the use of library programs especially the use of PVCC library portal access applications where required.
- Liaise with the library resource committee regarding the development of the PVCC library portal.
- Assist students and staff in printing, scanning, emailing and photocopying documents.
- Troubleshooting printer/copier problems.
- Daily administrative tasks as
- Communication with parents regarding damaged/lost
- Maintenance and administration of digital photography equipment.
- Involvement in the review of procedures to ensure that efficiency and productivity are maintained and improved as needed.
- Maintain bookings and organise for setup of furniture and equipment, for use of the community hub for events and gatherings.
- Advise on purchase requirements for community hub furnishings.
- Assist with service at college events held in the community hub.
- Exemplary Christian practice including regular attendance with a Christian church community and desire to be a supportive member of college spiritual life.
- Relevant qualification and/or experience in library information management, information technology or similar.
- Working with Children
- Ability to adapt to the changing library environment.
- Experience and knowledge of library practices and procedures.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of library databases.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration with other staff members including IT, administration and teaching staff.
- Love of literature.
- Ability to promote library to staff and students.
- Strong sense of service.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
All staff are required to comply with all policies, procedures and requirements for:
Risk management – report identified hazards that may pose a risk to employees or the public, and/or may give rise to an insurance claim, taking into consideration the risk for safety, security, vandalism, burglary/theft and fire/arson.
Occupational health and safety – take reasonable care to protect their own health and safety and the health and safety of others in the workplace – it is a requirement to immediately report any incidents, hazards or near misses to the relevant supervisor and actively participate in hazard elimination where required.
Equal opportunity – undertake work and activities in a manner that ensures the workplace is free from harassment, bullying behaviour and discrimination.
Code of conduct and dress code – comply with all standards.
The terms, conditions and other obligations of your employment are covered under the Plenty Valley Christian College Enterprise Agreement 2020.
Applications to be received no later than 5:00pm on Monday 12 October, 2020.
For further details and application information, please go to PVCC website:
Enquiries: Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9717 7400