Website Launceston Christian School
Launceston Christian School
Launceston Christian School (TAS) is a co-educational independent K-12 Christian School which aims to provide a caring and stimulating environment for learning. The school is distinctively Christ centred and is committed to providing effective spiritual, emotional, physical and academic support for all its students.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and committed Christian professionals for the position of Secondary Physical Education Replacement Teacher & Sports Coordinator (0.9 FTE)
Working within a team of dedicated Secondary School teachers, the successful applicant will deliver engaging and complimentary curriculum in the following subject areas:
Year 7 – 12 Physical Education
Years 11 – 12 Sport & Recreation
In bringing a Christian perspective to bear in all aspects of his/her work, the Teacher is responsible for all aspects of the planning, preparation and delivery of effective learning and teaching programs across the key learning area of Physical Education.
- Relevant knowledge, skills and understanding based on the School’s published curriculum and TASC documentation and requirements.
- Engage with the students to deliver an interesting and challenging Physical Education and Health curriculum.
- To plan and teach from a Biblical worldview.
- Making learning accessible and inclusive for different learning styles and abilities.
- Coordinate and manage the extracurricular sport program at LCS and our involvement with the NHSSA and NSATIS sporting associations.
Applicants will need to be:
- Practicing Christians, actively involved in their local church and able to subscribe to the School’s Mission Statement and Educational Creed
- Registered with the Tasmanian Teachers Registration Board
- Registered with a current Working With Vulnerable People (Employment) Card
Long Service Leave Replacement Contract dates: 19th July to 10th December 2021.
Application Closing Date: 9th April 2021.
How to apply:
A Position Description and application pack can be downloaded from the school’s website: www.lcs.tas.edu.au/employment
For further information, please contact our HR Coordinator, Liz Winter – email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.