International Christian School, HK
Teacher Librarian (Secondary School)
You will be joining a team of Christian professionals who will look for your passion to develop a comprehensive school library program that supports secondary school curriculum, encouraging a love of reading through procuring a diverse range of quality literature and supporting the school’s goals in the development of lifelong learners, effective communicators and independent, creative & analytical thinkers.
The job holder will start in January 2022.
- Collaborate with and support teachers in promoting inquiry, student agency, critical thinking and lifelong learning.
- Design and implement a library program in areas of information literacy and reading promotion for secondary school, consistent with the ICS mission and vision.
- Work to promote literature, information literacy and the ethical use of information within the school context.
- Plan the physical and virtual library spaces to facilitate and encourage use of the collection.
- Work with classroom teachers and literacy specialists to identify, source and purchase a balanced library collection to support the curriculum and literacy/reading goals.
- Under the direction of principals and Dean of Curriculum & Instruction participate, assist with, and provide training for faculty and library staff.
- Provide digital citizenship guidelines inclusive of awareness and communication in the context of information and media literacy.
- Participate in and support professional learning opportunities.
- A bachelor degree in Education or bachelor degree in any discipline with PGCE/PGDE or equivalent awarded by an accredited university. Holders of a master degree in Library Science, Knowledge Management or Teacher-Librarianship are strongly preferred. A willingness to engage in studies in Teacher Librarianship or related disciplines as advised if not already qualified is required.
- Strong passion and commitment to Christian education, with a positive attitude and a growth mindset.
- Thorough knowledge of research, reading, writing and literacy development
- A willingness to read and engage in young adult fiction and nonfiction; and being conversant with resources that meet young people’s (11-18 years) needs and interests.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of developing and managing library collections and ordering and cataloging resources.
- Commitment to implementing the ICS adopted teaching and learning framework (CEL 5D), ICS Learning Principles and ICS Assessment Principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build trusting relationships with administrators, faculty, teacher-librarians, staff, students and parents. Ability to stay calm in difficult situations.
- High levels of personal accountability, organizational skills, and attentiveness to details.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (Cantonese and/or Mandarin is a plus.)
We offer a 5-day work week and attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. Join us through submitting an online application with your resume and salary expectations at www.ics.edu.hk.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purposes.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.