International Christian School, HK
STEM Teacher (Middle School)
You will be joining a team of Christian professionals who will welcome your knowledge in North American curriculum and expertise in delivering stimulating and effective lessons. While cultivating a positive learning environment, that facilitates the achievement of the School’s Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs), you will implement a curriculum that integrates biblical worldview and understanding.
- Plan and target the School’s education programs to reflect best practice in instructional strategy.
- Evaluate students’ academic and behavioral performance and maintain student progress reports.
- Develop or introduce new teaching and learning resources from various providers subject to safety and budget.
- Maintain regular communication and trust with parents openly and cooperatively.
- Engage in administrative tasks that are core to the school’s operation, such as curriculum management, service on committees, as well as engagement in co-curricular activities.
- Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree in the relevant subject areas with PGDE, or equivalent from an accredited university.
- 2 years or above of classroom teaching STEM subjects are essential.
- Previous experience in an international school and familiarity with North American curriculum is highly preferred.
- Commitment to working with students with a genuine love. Passionate in nurturing students with patience care, understanding and empathy. Have a positive and optimistic outlook and warm personality.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of individual needs issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build a trust relationship with students and parents.
- Ability to manage confrontation and challenging behavior. Able to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Excellent knowledge of the content and pedagogy. Solid knowledge in STEM pedagogy, curriculum, practice and teaching is highly preferred.
- High level of personal accountability.
We offer a 5-day work week and attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. Join us through submitting an online application with your resume at www.ics.edu.hk.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purposes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.