International Christian School, HK
Physical Education Teacher (Elementary School)
You will be joining a team of Christian professionals who will look for you to bring a “can-do” attitude, and your current expertise, to join a cohesive and forward looking team of educators. You are expected to offer positive contributions in delivering stimulating and effective instruction, as well as cultivating a learning environment that facilitates the achievement of the School’s Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs), and a curriculum that integrates biblical worldview and understanding.
- Create a positive learning environment that values student care and contributes to the intellectual and spiritual growth of students.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons, with appropriate teaching aids and differentiated support that align with the school’s curriculum.
- Operate from a standards-based perspective to design and implement assessments that facilitate timely and effective formative feedback as well as sound summative judgments.
- Maintain regular communication and trust with parents openly and cooperatively.
- Ensure effective and efficient record and perform administrative tasks (e.g. serving in committees and meetings, as a chaperone in school and afterschool activities, etc.) as and when required.
- A Bachelor degree in Physical Education, Sports Science, Kinesiology or equivalent from an accredited university. Supervised classroom teaching practice should form part of the teacher training (e.g. BEd., PGCE or PGDE) awarded by an accredited university.
- 2 years or above relevant experience teaching Physical Education. Familiarity with the international school environment and pedagogy are highly preferred.
- Strong passion and commitment to Christian education and the teaching subject, with a positive attitude and a growth mindset.
- Holder of valid first aid and CPR certificates.
- Demonstrated best practices of using sports and fitness equipment.
- Well-versed in and ability to comprehend and apply local/international sports association and game rules, regulations and requirements.
- Proven effective classroom management experience, with the ability to handle accidents and emergency situations with a calm demeanor.
- A team-player, student focused and people oriented.
We offer a 5-day work week and attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. Join us through submitting an online application with your resume and salary expectations at www.ics.edu.hk.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purposes.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.