International Christian School, HK
Homeroom Teacher (Elementary School)
You will be joining a team of Christian professionals who will welcome your growth mindset and knowledge and expertise in delivering stimulating and effective lessons under the Understanding By Design (UbD) framework. While cultivating a positive learning environment, that facilitates the achievement of the School’s Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs), you will implement a curriculum that integrates biblical worldview and understanding.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment that values student care, and contributes to the intellectual and spiritual growth of students.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons that follow the UbD framework, with inquiry strategies that align with the school’s curriculum to provide clear objectives and learning outcomes for homeroom subjects.
- Design and implement assessments that facilitate timely and effective formative feedback.
- Maintain regular communication and trust with parents openly and cooperatively.
- Engage in administrative tasks that are core to the school’s operation, such as curriculum management, service on committees, as well as engagement in co-curricular activities.
- A bachelor degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, or bachelor degree in any related disciplines with PGCE/PGDE or equivalent awarded by an accredited university.
- 2 years or above relevant experience in classroom teaching to students at lower elementary and/or kindergarten grade levels; teaching experience with Reading and Writing Workshop components and logistics are highly preferred.
- Strong passion and commitment to Christian education, with a positive attitude, forward thinking and a learning to learn mindset.
- Ability to differentiate instruction and cultivate an enjoyable process for students to inquire subject knowledge.
- Proven effective classroom management experience, with the ability to handle emergency situations with appropriate safety protocols and a calm demeanor.
- Ability to work well with the faculty team, students and parents.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a new cultural environment preferred.
We offer a 5-day work week and attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. Join us through submitting an online application with your resume and salary expectations at www.ics.edu.hk.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purposes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.