International Christian School, HK
English Teacher (High School)
We are looking for the right candidate who values the learning process as the most important part of teaching to join our team. We teach Grade 9 and 10 as core courses, and in Grades 11 and 12 we offer 4 APs and a wide range of electives. While we generally use an American system, candidates with experience in other systems are encouraged to apply.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment which values student care, promotes positive relationships, and contributes to the intellectual and spiritual growth of students.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons with backward design.
- Use inquiry strategies with clear objectives and learning outcomes.
- Design and implement formative and summative, standard-based assessments that provide effective feedback that measures student learning and promotes student growth.
- Maintain regular communication and trust with parents in a welcoming, open and cooperative manner.
- Collaborate with and learn from other faculty members in bringing creativity and relevance to teaching, and supporting curriculum review and development through training and individual professional learning.
- Willingness to engage in administrative tasks that are core to the school’s operation, such as curriculum management, service on committees, chaperoning students in school and after school, as well as engagement in co-curricular activities.
- A bachelor degree in Education or PGCE/PGDE or equivalent awarded by an accredited university. A degree major in English Language, English Literature or related discipline with a strong academic background is required.
- Native English speakers with strong subject knowledge and pedagogy; experienced in classroom teaching, adopting inquiry-based learning and backward lesson design. Experience of teaching AP curriculum and ESL learners are advantageous.
- Strong passion and commitment to Christian education and the teaching subject, with a positive attitude and a growth mindset.
- An avid reader and writer; a teacher of reading and writing, including literal and non-literary texts.
- A reflective practitioner
- Expertise in identifying student abilities and unique learning styles, and providing differentiated instruction.
- Proven effective classroom management experience, with the ability to handle emergency situations with appropriate safety protocols and a calm demeanor, that supports student development and models biblical principles.
- Ability to collaborate positively with faculty, students and parents in all aspects of school life.
We offer a 5-day work week and attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. Join us through submitting an online application with your resume at www.ics.edu.hk.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purposes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.