International Christian School, Hong Kong
We are looking for the right candidate to bring a “can-do” attitude, and your current expertise, to join a cohesive and forward looking team of Christian educators. You are expected to offer positive contributions in delivering stimulating and effective instruction, as well as cultivating a learning environment that facilitates the achievement of the School’s Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs), and a curriculum that integrates biblical worldview and understanding.
The job holder will start in July 2022 for school year 2022/23.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment which values student care, promotes positive relationships, and contributes to the intellectual and spiritual growth of students.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons with backward design and differentiated support, that align to the ICS Bible curriculum and provide clear learning outcomes.
- Design and implement standards-based assessments that provide effective formative feedback and evidenced based summative judgements.
- Maintain regular communication and trust with parents in a welcoming, open and cooperative manner.
Collaborate with, and learn from, other faculty members in professional learning activities, curriculum development, and other school based activities and tasks.
- Willingness to engage in administrative tasks that are core to the school’s operation, such as curriculum management, service on committees, as well as engagement in co-curricular activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education or any discipline with a PGCE/PGDE or equivalent awarded by an accredited university. A degree major in Bible, Christian Education, Divinity, Theology or related discipline with a strong academic background is desired.
- 2 years or above relevant experience in classroom teaching to secondary school students and familiarity with the international school environment and pedagogy are highly preferred.
Strong passion and commitment to Christian education with demonstrated understanding of theology and spiritual formation.
- Ability to motivate and help students grow in their faith and realization of their worth in Christ in a Christ-centered community while maintaining a commitment to the ICS statement of faith.
- Ability to differentiate instruction, integrate biblical principles and Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
- Proven effective classroom management experience, with the ability to handle emergency situations with appropriate safety protocols and a calm demeanor.
- Ability to collaborate positively with faculty, students and parents in all aspects of school life.
We offer a 5-day work week and attractive remuneration package to suitable candidates. Join us through submitting an online application with your resume and salary expectations at www.ics.edu.hk.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purposes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.