Crest Education (VIC) has an opportunity for an ICT Support Trainee near Berwick.
- Full time role commencing in 2021 for the duration of the course
- Role suits current Year 12 student or recent VCE graduate
- Work & gain a tertiary qualification at the same time in a field you enjoy
Crest Education comprises two independent, coeducational schools with over 1900 students, an Equestrian Centre and an Environmental Reserve at Clyde North. Hillcrest Christian College, established in 1981, operates from Early Learning to VCE levels. Rivercrest Christian College, which opened in 2014, is an International Baccalaureate school with Early Learning to Year 8 students in 2021.
The College has an exciting new opportunity commencing in January 2021 – as an ICT Support Trainee.
The successful candidate will have:
- recently finished secondary studies or currently be in Year 12. Due to the funding arrangements, people with tertiary qualifications need not apply for the traineeship.
- a passion for information and communications technology, systems and enjoy practical learning.
- the capacity to undertake training in this field.
- considered career pathways in the ICT Support or IT related industries.
- enthusiasm to participate in a variety of ICT Support activities and attending to school-related IT maintenance jobs for both students and staff whilst completing a Certificate IV in IT Support or similar.
- a current drivers’ licence (would be an advantage).
- Training wage and 6-10 weeks of holidays per year (negotiable)
- Free gym on site
- Potential career development and ongoing position
A National Training Wage and superannuation is paid and course costs will be covered upon successful completion of the training.
The employer is open to considering alternative relevant Certificate III or IV courses.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Christian ethos of Hillcrest and Rivercrest Christian Colleges.
Crest Education is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working With Children Check (non-teachers) and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.
Applications close Thursday 3rd December 2020 at 10:00am.
Candidates are required to complete the online application and supply a covering letter and CV.
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Joanne Ball, Human Resources Manager.
Alternatively, for further information, please call Nelly Mikhail on 9707 7330.